PDA

View Full Version : Baffle height to match skimmer

JDigital
06-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone happens to know what my baffle height should be to match the ideal operating depth for a Euro-reef rs100... I've searched around, tryed to find it on their website and manuals... I can't find anything on the it.

The skimmer section of my sump is 12x18x?? How high should the baffle be for ideal skimmer operation.?

Palster
06-13-2008, 11:41 PM
The Euro Reef manual says that the skimmer should be in 6 to 8 inches of water. If the skimmer section of your sump is deeper you can always build some kind of small box for your skimmer to sit on. For example the skimmer section in my sump is 12 inches deep so I built a 4 inch high box out of eggrate that my skimmer sits on so that it is acutally sitting in 8 inches of water.

PoonTang
06-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Also its not the depth thats so important is the stability of the water level. Once you get it set up for whatever depth your using it should work fine.

JDigital
06-14-2008, 02:21 AM
The Euro Reef manual says that the skimmer should be in 6 to 8 inches of water. If the skimmer section of your sump is deeper you can always build some kind of small box for your skimmer to sit on. For example the skimmer section in my sump is 12 inches deep so I built a 4 inch high box out of eggrate that my skimmer sits on so that it is acutally sitting in 8 inches of water.

Right on.. Thanks. I couldn't get the pdf manual to download anything with useful info.. but anyways.. Thanks Alot!

sphelps
06-14-2008, 03:38 PM
That skimmer will do better on the lower level side at 6"