PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Warfare or Anemone Love...?

Pier Pressure
06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi, guys.

I have a small GBTA as well as a small (but twice the size of the green one) RBTA that I just picked up at Golds. The GBTA has started to "bubble", which he has never done before I put in the RBTA. These two have slowly been coming together in the tank and now they are both right out front and touching. Their tentacles are literally woven around the others' on one side and do not seem to be damaging each other at all.

The little white crab I have has tried to host both, and now he seems to be kicked out of both entirely if that helps.

Anybody seen this happen or want to hazard a guess as to what is going on? Truly bizarre and before anyone asks I do not have any pictures sorry to say.

JDigital
06-12-2008, 10:15 PM
pics? :wink:

I really have no idea, nor am I of any help... but that does sound strange.

Pier Pressure
06-12-2008, 10:32 PM
You are funny, JDigital. I had to smile at that. If complete after-work laziness does not take over I will try to get some pics tonight.

I was just doing some research and this one lady has an anemone tank (125 gallon) where they seem to hang out in little anemone "gardens". They touch each other and yet do each other no harm. Really cool looking - and she also documents a case (with pictures) where she had a green and red one hang out and the green one eventually turned red! No idea on link - just went in under search words "two anemones" and it was one of the first things that popped up.

workn2hard2day
06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
here is a really good site for reference

http://www.karensroseanemones.com/index.htm