PDA

View Full Version : New PBT

fishytime
06-12-2008, 04:48 AM
I introduced my first "showcase" fish a couple days ago. A powder blue that came into the store a while back(thanks Michelle). It seems so easy-going and settled in and startwd grazing algae about a 1/2 hour after it was put into the tank.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP1813.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP1814.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP1815.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP1827.jpg

Der_Iron_Chef
06-12-2008, 04:49 AM
Beautiful fish! Are there any other tangs in there? If so, has there been any fighting?

ElGuappo
06-12-2008, 05:01 AM
looks great. more frags on the sandbed? where you going to put them? good pics ny the way. i havent figured out how to adjust the shutter speed on mine yet so get fish shots can prove difficult to say the least.

mark
06-12-2008, 05:06 AM
nice pictures, one of my favourite fish

fishytime
06-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Beautiful fish! Are there any other tangs in there? If so, has there been any fighting?

Nope, no other tangs yet. It is in with a flame angel, a bi-color angel, a pair of ocellaris, a royal gramma, a bi-color blenny, and a talbots damsel. Im thinking maybe 1 more larger type fish, but not sure what yet. I also toyed with the idea of 1 more small angel, like a potters or rusty...not sure yet. May just wait and see if something really cool comes in to the store. Any suggestions?

fishytime
06-12-2008, 01:22 PM
looks great. more frags on the sandbed? where you going to put them? good pics ny the way. i havent figured out how to adjust the shutter speed on mine yet so get fish shots can prove difficult to say the least.

nice pictures, one of my favourite fish

Thanks guys. I snapped about 60 pics just to get these ones, that are still not perfect IMO. My photog skills still arent up to par with some of the peeps here.

ElGuappo
06-12-2008, 04:11 PM
NO KIDDING some people here take AMAZING pics. i cant compete either. im thinking its the camera not the skills that leave room for improvement. well at least in my case. anywho the tang looks great im going to have to swing by and see her.

Oscar
06-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Fishytime: Your substrate looks spotless. What's your trick?

parkinsn
06-12-2008, 05:42 PM
i see you have a cleaner wrasse in there, how long have you had it?

Underwater
06-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey Doug-

I'm SO GLAD she's settling in for you. She was a great fish in my tank. For the questions about her habits and getting along...

She eats EVERYTHING!! Flake, frozen, pellets, etc...
She was in my tank with a Naso, Regal, Yellow, and another tang I can't think of right now-along with a Lemon Peel, Flame Angel, various gobies, moray and a seahorse. (yes, I know many are cringing right now...my tank breaks ALL the "rules".):eek:

She did beautifully-as evidenced by the pictures-and there was NO fighting at all. If I could have gotten my bigger tank sooner, she would still be mine!:mrgreen:

I know you'll take GREAT care of her!!!

~M

Mikee
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
"Fishytime: Your substrate looks spotless. What's your trick?"

A good CUC and flow.

Steeves
06-13-2008, 01:04 AM
CUC? Sorry have no idea..

Finaddict
06-13-2008, 01:49 AM
looks great

clean
up
crew

cucumber!!!

sharuq1
06-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Gorgeous fish. Fishytime you should post a FTS, I want to see the rest :mrgreen: Show it off!

fishytime
06-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Fishytime: Your substrate looks spotless. What's your trick?

No trick really. I just added 5 more pounds of new sand a day or two before those pics so.....

fishytime
06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
looks great

Gorgeous fish. Fishytime you should post a FTS, I want to see the rest :mrgreen: Show it off!

Thanks ladies. But Michelle should really get the credit for the condition of my new fishy. Kelly I will post some new shots in my tank thread soon. Will need to find the time. Ive been pretty with the two jobs and all.

fishytime
06-13-2008, 01:03 PM
i see you have a cleaner wrasse in there, how long have you had it?

Not long. When I brought the PBT home, the next day she had ich:sad:(actually she has ich in these pics of her). So I flew back up to the shop and brought home the cleaner wrasse. She still has a few spots on her, but between the cleaner wrasse, my cleaner shrimp and her "piggy" appetite she is fighting off the parasite quite well.

parkinsn
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Not long. When I brought the PBT home, the next day she had ich:sad:(actually she has ich in these pics of her). So I flew back up to the shop and brought home the cleaner wrasse. She still has a few spots on her, but between the cleaner wrasse, my cleaner shrimp and her "piggy" appetite she is fighting off the parasite quite well.

thanks, i was just wondering if was eating and if it was what it was eating, but if its new i guess you won't know yet.....

fishytime
06-13-2008, 11:33 PM
It was eating brine and mysis at the shop. But nothing here yet that Ive seen ...kinda have my attention on the PBT when I feed lately.