PDA

View Full Version : Reefkeeper Elite anyone else?

Chin_Lee
06-11-2008, 04:01 AM
So who else bit the bullet and bought one of these on the pre-order? If so, what did you get?

I sold my Iphone to buy this; I bought the basic package plus two expansion modules. Its supposed to be shipped within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm so looking forward to it!

phillybean
06-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Looks awesome but it is more then I want to spend right now. Im hoping someone who bought it will want to sell me their Aquacontroller Jr :D

michika
06-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I bought the basic package plus an ORP probe, and I think that was it for now. I am so excited for it to show up at my door!

Tom R
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
So who else bit the bullet and bought one of these on the pre-order? If so, what did you get?

I sold my Iphone to buy this; I bought the basic package plus two expansion modules. Its supposed to be shipped within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm so looking forward to it!

Hi Chin

Welcome to the Electronic World of Reef Keeping. I know that you will enjoy your new Controller. I have truly enjoyed My new ProfiLux II Plus. I am amazed at how much this has added to the fun of running my system. I have just ordered two more high amp modules to control my MH and Actinics and for fun I have ordered the Simulites for total sunrise, moon and storm control. It should all be here shortly and once I'm over the hip thing I will have some wiring to do. I can not wait. I even found a thunder thread that my computer can run at the same time as the Simulite is running a storm.

We are all just kids at heart.

Tom R

JDigital
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Chin

Welcome to the Electronic World of Reef Keeping. I know that you will enjoy your new Controller. I have truly enjoyed My new ProfiLux II Plus. I am amazed at how much this has added to the fun of running my system. I have just ordered two more high amp modules to control my MH and Actinics and for fun I have ordered the Simulites for total sunrise, moon and storm control. It should all be here shortly and once I'm over the hip thing I will have some wiring to do. I can not wait. I even found a thunder thread that my computer can run at the same time as the Simulite is running a storm.

We are all just kids at heart.

Tom R

:crazyeye: That's crazy! simulating storms in the tank! Just need a rain maker and you're set! :lol:

michika
06-11-2008, 04:30 PM
So the Profilux does storms, moon cycles, and sunrise?

Renegade
06-12-2008, 09:49 PM
so why the reefkeeper elite over a profilux ?

michika
06-12-2008, 10:43 PM
For me it was price, and what your getting for what your paying. Profilux may be an option in the future, but for $550 to try out a controller for the first time is a nice investment.

spreerider
06-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I am getting my hands on an older PLC for under $200, with that i can hook any probe or any output device (pump lights etc.) up and program them to do whaterver i want, it will also provide feedback to my computer and possibly i can do my own program to run my tanks,
if you are into electronics or wiring you could easily DIY with a few old industrial parts off of ebay.