PDA

View Full Version : flame angel, coral eater

Samw
02-26-2002, 02:38 PM
I just found my new Flame Angel eating all of the polyps on my Montipora Digitatas this morning. Quite upset about it. I'm trying to decide if I should return the fish or sell it to someone now.

Will the polyps grow back? The coral hasn't turned white yet.

Reefmaster
02-26-2002, 02:46 PM
pigmy angels are hit and miss. our coral beauty is ok so far but i've seen other tanks where the pigmy was fine for a while then turned into destructo-fish. you'll need to get him out asap and either return it hopefully for some credit or sell it privately.
hth
shane

SuperFudge
02-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi Sam,
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sam W:

Will the polyps grow back? The coral hasn't turned white yet.<hr></blockquote>

Not if the Fish keep eatin `em images/smiles/icon_wink.gif .

If you wait until the coral is completely white....it`d be unlikely to recover.

Id say lose one or the other,im sure that you wouldnt have an easy time getting your angel to change diets wile you have more corals in there to munch on,especially soft corals like anthelia,xenia and the like.

One thing you may look for is that it is not just scraping algea off the coral....if the monti has not been doing so well in the past while and brown/green algea has grown abit on the coral,he is most likely eating that.
The down side to that is he may continue to pester it until it does die tho. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Marc.

[ 26 February 2002: Message edited by: Superfudge ]</p>