PDA

View Full Version : lawnmower blenny and Firegoby OK?

banditpowdercoat
06-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Planing to go to OA this up coming weekend. Time to deliver Wendells new Frag tank stands. Anyways, wondering how a lawnmower blenny and Fire goby will get along in a 45g tank?

Thx in advance

fishytime
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Shudnt be an issue.

naesco
06-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Planing to go to OA this up coming weekend. Time to deliver Wendells new Frag tank stands. Anyways, wondering how a lawnmower blenny and Fire goby will get along in a 45g tank?

Thx in advance

You have 20 snails in a 45 gallon? Remove all but a few and return them to Wendel.
You will not have enough algae for the snails and the lawnmower and the lawnmower will starve to death.

banditpowdercoat
06-09-2008, 01:48 AM
I dont think theres 20 in there now. Theres only about 5 that cruse the rock and glass, Margarita's. And the ceriths, well they are burried in the sand. I have a bit of Hair algae, and none of the snails touch it. I have to scrub glass every 3-4 days due to green film, which snails love, but don't make much of a dent. Dont think its a problem right now

ScubaGirl
02-27-2010, 02:21 PM
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd resurrect it.

Just got a new lawnmower blenny (best eater in the LFS) and it killed my firefish the first night in the tank. Did the whole lights-out thing but we still saw sand just a flying. By morning the firefish was gone. Figure maybe the LMB wanted the same cave but now he doesn't even hang out near there any more.

Blue damsel and the LMB don't get along either but seem to have come to an agreement for the most part and avoid each other.