PDA

View Full Version : A confession

Treebeard
06-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I am addicted. There. I said it. It all started in late November when my fiancee' announced that she wanted a marine tank, and I somewhat hesitantly agreed, thinking it was very difficult to keep saltwater critters. Now,after a mere 5 months, I get the shakes and my palms become sweaty when I come within 3 blocks of a known fish store. I find myself spending crazy amounts of time polishing the glass on our tank. I lose sleep if I think one of the residents of our tank may be ill or acting strange. I spend more time preparing supper for my marine family then I do for my human family.

My name is Reid, and I am addicted to saltwater. :mrgreen:

Zoaelite
06-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Admitting it is the first step, welcome to the group Reid I'm Levi.

dsaundry
06-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Reid, My name is Darryl and I too am addicted. I find myself looking at girls less and fish more...sad but true...I check out LFS's whenever I get out of work..Sometimes I make an excuse and drive up to the local fish store just to see if anything new has come in..even when I know there isn't. I would rather spend $20.00 on a new fish than on a case of beer. We reefers sometimes sound like pathetic creatures but for the most part we seem happy and harmless. It's a pricey hobby{addiction} but a fun one, so KEEP ON REEFING!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::l ol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Captainhemo
06-06-2008, 08:26 PM
At least it's a "good" addiction :)

Oscar
06-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm Oscar and I'm addicted.

Even though I only have hermits and snails so far I find myself pulling up the chair and watching the tank and not the tube (normally with a beer in my hand).

Fortunately no LFS within 1.5hrs drive. I am concerned about what will happen when I add corals and fish. Will I be able to go to worK? Can I set up a web cam?

Parker
06-06-2008, 08:33 PM
*Raises Hand * I'm Robb

hillbillyreefer
06-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't need a twelve step program, or any stinking meetings!!!!

VFX
06-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi

I'm Viv.

I'm in denial!

fishoholic
06-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm Laurie and I think my user name say's it all :lol:

Pier Pressure
06-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi, fellow addicts. I am Karen. I cannot decide if I should shut down this hobby due to expense ... or buy a bigger tank ... or two ... or three.

untamed
06-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Can I set up a web cam?

Ha..ha..that's silly...you've got a serious problem. (I'm still in denial)

http://brads-aquarium.viewnetcam.com:50000/CgiStart?page=Single&Language=0

Hangfire
06-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Hello all. My name is Frank, and I too have this terrible addiction. I work only two minutes from a LFS and I'm there all the time. Like Oscar my tank only has snails and hermits in it (at least, I've only purchased those for the tank, everything else in there came free with the rocks :biggrin:). To make matters worse my boss at work has decided to set up a 280 gallon tank at work and he put me in charge of it. No end in sight here. . .

Treebeard
06-06-2008, 09:30 PM
:eek: Unfrickingbelievable! All I have to say is...how much is this going to cost me, and how do I convince the one who controls the purse strings? :confused:

Treebeard
06-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I see loads of opportunities with that tank at your work place. Make sure you get a huge budget for that tank, and buy stuff that you can easily frag and send to other members of this support group.

Hello all. My name is Frank, and I too have this terrible addiction. I work only two minutes from a LFS and I'm there all the time. Like Oscar my tank only has snails and hermits in it (at least, I've only purchased those for the tank, everything else in there came free with the rocks :biggrin:). To make matters worse my boss at work has decided to set up a 280 gallon tank at work and he put me in charge of it. No end in sight here. . .

Parker
06-06-2008, 09:34 PM
:eek: Unfrickingbelievable! All I have to say is...how much is this going to cost me, and how do I convince the one who controls the purse strings? :confused:

You have to bribe the money controller - it cost me a new kitchen! :redface:

Oscar
06-06-2008, 10:06 PM
To make matters worse my boss at work has decided to set up a 280 gallon tank at work and he put me in charge of it. No end in sight here. . .

Is your boss an enabler? Quit your job before it gets out of control!

Lance
06-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi. My name is Lance, and I too have a problem.
- I am traveling to Calgary in July to visit my daughter and meet her new
fiancee & family. It is also stampede weekend and all I can think about is
cramming as many LFS into my schedule as possible.
- I can't remember the last time I sat down to watch a movie.
- My grass always needs mowing and my garden is neglected.
- I've only been into SW for 6 months and am already planning a build for
another tank.
- I NEED HELP!!!:cry:

dsaundry
06-06-2008, 10:43 PM
You have to bribe the money controller - it cost me a new kitchen! :redface:

A kitchen, I wish....If I am to get my 400g its going to cost me a new house..
or maybe a new wife....:lol::lol::lol:

Hangfire
06-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I see loads of opportunities with that tank at your work place. Make sure you get a huge budget for that tank, and buy stuff that you can easily frag and send to other members of this support group.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

xtreme
06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
It has definitely now become my most expensive addiction.:biggrin:

Oscar
06-07-2008, 01:27 AM

OK...so you have "issues", are you getting help?

(that's now a new book mark for me)

mark
06-07-2008, 01:34 AM
A kitchen, I wish....If I am to get my 400g its going to cost me a new house..
or maybe a new wife....:lol::lol::lol:

That was my trade for a 145g, with a 400g you're going to have quite some house.

kari
06-07-2008, 03:21 AM
I am addicted.
My name is Reid, and I am addicted to saltwater. :mrgreen:

Do you have a sponser yet?

kari
06-07-2008, 03:25 AM
deleted

Snappy
06-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Addicted????? Hah, I can quit any time I want too. It just so happens I'm no quitter!!:lol:

rocketlily
06-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Is it an addiction when you hope for rain so you can stay inside and work on your tank and not have to do yard work?

Treebeard
06-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Do you have a sponser yet?

A sponsor? You mean I can get somebody to help me pay for all this stuff? :biggrin:

JDigital
06-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Addicted????? Hah, I can quit any time I want too. It just so happens I'm no quitter!!:lol:

EXACTLY!! No one likes a quitter!

I'm Josh, and I too am not a quitter. :lol:

banditpowdercoat
06-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi Im Dan, Im not an addict, my Wallet wont let me :(