PDA

View Full Version : Multiplying mushrooms!!

BCShelly
06-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Hi everyone, Shelly from BC here. I have had my tank up for a year now... YAY! I've only lost about $300 worth of fish so I think I am doing ok :neutral:
I have these crazy furry mushrooms that might be taking over my tank. The first one I bought was the size of a toonie and then after about 6 months it split into three. They are all huge now and the mother has just split again (into 2 this time). In the pic attached is the mother and her new baby. I can't get these suckers off the rock, I'd love to give a couple to my neighbor before I have a mushroom with live rock only tank!! Any suggestions? I'm worried the babies are going to start splitting any time now!! Thanks

Marlin65
06-06-2008, 03:32 AM
I have some of those.
If you want to make more cut them just under the stem and then split them into 4-5 pieces make sure to leave a piece of mouth on each then put them on gravel ruble too attach for at least 4-5 weeks.
Better look here though as I might of left a lot out.:wink:
http://www.garf.org/

Kronk
06-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Just use your fingernails, try to get under the foot as best you can but dont worry too much about damage they arent as delecate as a nem. I find after a few seconds of trying to pick at there foot they will start to roll it up on there own. Good Luck.

Drock169
06-06-2008, 04:41 PM
put them directly in a high flow stream, its exactly like getting an anemone to move