PDA

View Full Version : Open brain in trouble

danny zubot
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm not really sure what to do about this. My red open brain is not doing so well lately. It's polyp tissue doesn't expend very far anymore and it's even started to show skeleton in some places. When I first got it over a year ago it did the same thing, just not as bad. I was able to nurse it back to health by feeding it reef roids for a while. Now, nothing is really working. Any thoughts?

Here's some back ground:
-Tank specs are below in my signature.
-Levels are generally good, but I've had some issues with maintaining my chemistry, due to it being a new tank and having to adjust my dosing regiment.
-I've replaced the lights recently, and noticed some SPS faded as a result.

My theory is that the brain might be reacting to the new lights as well, but I didn't think it would effected as much being at the bottom of the tank. My other theory is that it just doesn't like where I've placed it in the tank. I had it at the bottom in the sand, where the water flow was moderate to low. So now I've placed is in a moderate to high flow area, that is higher up but off to the side of the tank, so the lighting isn't as strong.

Der_Iron_Chef
06-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Hey Danny, have you added any new fish that could be nipping at it?

danny zubot
06-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Naw, same old fish from the old tank. Actually I lied, I have a honey chromis now, but it it's a chromis, it's harmless.