PDA

View Full Version : coral questions

kdpuffer
06-05-2008, 08:42 PM
hey there I am new to marine and reef tanks and have been wondering a few things firstly I have a few lps frags one kenya tree pulsating xenia and a tiny green one that I have no idea my tree is just loose how can I mount it also how do corals spread or multiply

Geofrog
06-05-2008, 09:23 PM
The kenya tree can be mounted using some superglue (gel). Bothe the xenia and the kenya tree will multiply on its own. My kenya tree keeps dropping "branches" which will float around for a bit then attach themselves everywhere and grow out.

kdpuffer
06-05-2008, 09:31 PM
ok so if I find pieces that fall off leave sounds easy my xenia had developed a bulgde similar to a blister that has opened is that another head popping out I also have noticed what I first thought to be algae bubbles growing on my tree after looking closer they have two openings or tubes similar to a clam without the shell they are very small any idea what they could be

Geofrog
06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
The xenia will use those "blisters" to move around. Xenia will move around an area untill it finds a suitable place. The "blisters" do sometimes form new heads. Could you take a picture of the tubes, it will make it easier to ID them.

kdpuffer
06-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I will try but need to email them I don't know how to post pictures on here

sharuq1
06-05-2008, 09:42 PM
You can either attach them (look down when you click post a to reply and you will see "manage attachments" further down the page), or you can use an online host like imageshack, then copy and post the link to the image in your post.

kdpuffer
06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
thanks for the help there so here is what i have one is of a coral frag i got with the tank( tank was established when i got it though the previous owners did not know how to work the lights so i have all sorts of critters popping up and things are growing quite well now to boot) the coral has a green tint to it but i dont know what it is. now the bubble type things i have abad picture of them and they seem to be almost exclusivly on my kenya tree base though a few have moved out but are still in close proximity i drew a picture of what they look like and some are even developing a red color thanks for any help