PDA

View Full Version : big als expanding.

spikehs
03-19-2003, 11:20 PM
I stopped by big als today and noticed that their sw was mostly taken down, i asked why and they said they were expanding the sw section, making it "much bigger" , its supposed to be up and going by monday.

Bob I
03-19-2003, 11:49 PM
:twisted: :cry: :cry:

Canadian Man
03-20-2003, 12:35 AM
:? :D :? :D :twisted: :evil: :D :?
As you can see I don't know how I feel about this!

Quinn
03-20-2003, 03:27 AM
the walmart of LFSs' :?

Canadian Man
03-20-2003, 05:15 AM
the walmart of LFSs' :?

WELL I SUPPOSE MOST THINK BIGGER IS BETTER :roll: :lol: :wink:

Bob I
03-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Well there are two ways of looking at this. Their old setup was far too small to accommodate the large numbers of fish they insist on bringing in. Last ime I was there they had about twenty Purple Tangs in one of the tanks. I don't know the size, but I believe they are around 72 gallons. That made for some big time arguments among the fish. So if they get better at least there will be better conditions for the livestock. :snipersm: :rofl: :grab:

Chedi
03-22-2003, 04:46 PM
I've only been in the Calgary store twice, but wasn't that impressed - Being from Vancouver I've dealt with the Big Al's there- there's actually 2 of them and I always found that they were your stereotypical LFS- in a hurry to unload livestock on you that you should never be putting in your tank- or trying to sell you some expensive piece of equipment that you don't really need. Until J&L opened up literally right down the road, this is where I got most of my fish.
Is this similiar to the store here, or are they worth a regular visit to check out new livestock?
Thanks,
Chris :D

spikehs
03-22-2003, 05:15 PM
i would say they sound similiar, they do get some nice fish in though from time to time....Its kinda crap shoot there, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Bob I
03-22-2003, 05:19 PM
[quote] I always found that they were your stereotypical LFS- in a hurry to unload livestock on you that you should never be putting in your tank- or trying to sell you some expensive piece of equipment that you don't really need.
Chris, that is a realistic analysis. It is especially true of their star salesman. To be fair he is usually in dry goods. The people in the fish area are better. When all is said and done I prefer to go elsewhere for my fish. :wink:

Tau2301
03-30-2003, 08:59 PM
I was at BA's today and once again I was impressed with how thing are looking. I think the expansion in the SW section went well although some of the tanks still seem to be over crowded.

Large selection of fish, no corals to speak of.

Tony, they had about 60 or so Astrea snails in one tank if your still looking for more snails.

Darksky
04-06-2003, 05:54 AM
[quote] I always found that they were your stereotypical LFS- in a hurry to unload livestock on you that you should never be putting in your tank- or trying to sell you some expensive piece of equipment that you don't really need.
Chris, that is a realistic analysis. It is especially true of their star salesman. To be fair he is usually in dry goods. The people in the fish area are better. When all is said and done I prefer to go elsewhere for my fish. :wink:

In my opinion, BA has the best marine selection in town and the best looing tanks. Where do you go for your marine stuff? I am new to the hobby and maybe I am missing someplace/
Thanks...