PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen any Harlequin Tusks lately?

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I have been looking for a while but not seen any around...are they a seasonal fish? I used to see them now and then but the past few months not many. I think there was one at King Eds but too big already and I can't get there.

Oceanic
06-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I have been looking for a while but not seen any around...are they a seasonal fish? I used to see them now and then but the past few months not many. I think there was one at King Eds but too big already and I can't get there.

I saw a really healthy one making its rounds in my tank before I left for work this morning! :lol:

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I saw a really healthy one making its rounds in my tank before I left for work this morning! :lol:

Nice! Is it Australian or Phillipines?

I had a beautiful Australian but it outgrew the tank...I never realized at the time how huge they get. Just looking for another small one I can grow up until it gets to big again. My brother is going to get sick of all my fish ending up in his huge tank :razz:

Oceanic
06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Australian! Looks ljust like this guy!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z142/fokusbmw/harlequin-tusk.jpg

He seems to be good friends with this guy!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z142/fokusbmw/majestic.jpg

vazgor
06-04-2008, 02:48 AM
think big al's in edmonton has a couple of them but they arn't as coulerfull they seem to be just yellow

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-04-2008, 02:51 AM
think big al's in edmonton has a couple of them but they arn't as coulerfull they seem to be just yellow

Might be stressed and it depends where they come from. The Australian's are the nicest IMO. Brightest colours for sure and usually the most expensive.

UnderWorldAquatics
06-04-2008, 05:14 AM
I think there was one at King Eds but too big already .

Just curious as to your reasoning that the fish is already "too big"??? do you want to introduce it at a smaller size because they can have a tendancy to nip other fish and be aggressive? or do you have a smaller tank?

Oceanic
06-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Just curious as to your reasoning that the fish is already "too big"??? do you want to introduce it at a smaller size because they can have a tendancy to nip other fish and be aggressive? or do you have a smaller tank?

My guy is a peacefull tank mate with all of the others, he doesn't bother anyone including all of the coral.

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-04-2008, 06:09 AM

My tank is 130G, so borderline too small but thats not the reason. I do not want to introduce a fish to the tank that is bigger than all the rest. HT's can be aggressive and I don't want to take a chance. So, what you said...

My last one got real aggressive actually as it got older.

UnderWorldAquatics
06-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Good luck with getting one, and keepin everyone happy,their a beautiful fish!
Cheers!

tang daddy
06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
GSP I also am looking for a smaller one but they are tough to come by saw the one at king ed's they were feeding it feeders and it ripped the head off of one in less than a second.

There is a store in richmond that gets them in all the time right now he has 2, he only gets the ones from oz so they are fairly pricey but the colours are day and night compared to phillipines, If I had a huge fowler like a 200g I would definately consider but for now I gotta keep my eyes open for a smaller one. The ones there are about 4.5" with vibrant colours.... I asked him about ordering me one half the size but he said that they don't have alot of colours being smaller, maybe if I bug him enough he will order me one.

REDNECK_REEFER
06-05-2008, 08:13 PM
if you're looking for one, The Hidden Reef in Abbotsford has lots that just came in!!

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-05-2008, 11:13 PM
GSP I also am looking for a smaller one but they are tough to come by saw the one at king ed's they were feeding it feeders and it ripped the head off of one in less than a second.

There is a store in richmond that gets them in all the time right now he has 2, he only gets the ones from oz so they are fairly pricey but the colours are day and night compared to phillipines, If I had a huge fowler like a 200g I would definately consider but for now I gotta keep my eyes open for a smaller one. The ones there are about 4.5" with vibrant colours.... I asked him about ordering me one half the size but he said that they don't have alot of colours being smaller, maybe if I bug him enough he will order me one.

Can you tell me what store this is? How much were they?

Thanks!

spoot
06-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Here's there website Justin: http://hiddenreef.ca/

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Here's there website Justin: http://hiddenreef.ca/

Actually I was looking for the name of the place in Richmond. Thanks though.

Hows your Burrfish doing???