PDA

View Full Version : A anemone Question

langdon reefer
06-03-2008, 01:32 AM
How Often Can A bubble tip Split Green and or the RED/Roes i have both in my tank my green is only about 2 inches across and split about 2 months ago and now i have 2 3 inch GBTA My red or rose could eat my hand if it wanted to and looks like it will split but never does ? Do bubble tips split often?
lol
if anyone could let me know that would be great as i dont want a 220gal full of bubble tips....lol:lol:

Marlin65
06-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I heard that they split when they are harassed. Not sure if thats true or not.

Delphinus
06-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I think it totally depends on the individual anemone. I have a "garden variety" BTA that I've had for nearly 10 years and I seem to get 2-4 splits per year. I have a rose BTA that has split only once in 4 years. They are in identical conditions, fed the same food at the same amounts and same frequencies and under the same lights... Weird. Guess some like splitting more than others.

ponokareefer
06-03-2008, 09:47 PM
All of my BTA's are in one tank, and some split once a month, some never seem to split. I'd keep your eye on them if you are worried about them overwhelming your tank. Mine got so bad, they were like aptasia until I weened them out.

langdon reefer
06-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks everyone ill keep you posted i hope i dont get to many ...lol well all i know is my false percs are happy is it normal for 3 to host in one anemone?