PDA

View Full Version : disaster with the banggai's

spikehs
03-18-2003, 02:12 AM
Well i have some bad news, I have only a female banggai left after my efforts into breeding them :cry: I was doing fine with all the babies feeding them enriched bbs infact i had 14/16 after 6weeks or so, thats when i tried to switch them to frozen, i tried to blend it in gradually and they started to eat it, so i tapered it off untill they were mostly eating frozen. I guess the conversion is were i lost most of the babies. Then i noticed the other day that my male was gone :cry: I am assuming that he got too much "loving" from the female and starved, i always had a hard time trying to fatten him up after, as i couldn't separate him. ANYWAYS moral of the story: isolate the male after and fatten him up for 2-3 weeks before putting him back with the female.

BCOrchidGuy
03-18-2003, 03:04 AM
Spike thats a terrible thing to have happen to you. As someone who has invested hours and hours into breeding fish I can feel your pain. Don't let this defeat you though, learn from your mistakes and be a better breeder next time around.

If you want to replace your fish, my LFS has some in right now, I think they are $29 each or 2 for $50, give me a PM if you want more information.

spikehs
03-18-2003, 03:06 AM
unfortunately i am in calgary, but thanks for the offer. :D

BCOrchidGuy
03-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Once again, So sorry for your loss.