PDA

View Full Version : Bubble king skimmers. How good are they ?

gkersten
06-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Can anyone comment on how much better Bubble king skimmers are than the rest ?
I have only had experience with my ASM 6 which uses 2 sedra 1200 pumps . I have no basis for comparison . My total water volume is 285 gals > What would I notice if I upgraded to bubble king :smile:

Lance
06-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Welcome to CanReef!! A fellow Canreefer just bought one a while back and I've seen it in action. It is amazing. It draws huge amounts of skimmate.

marie
06-02-2008, 05:31 AM
I have a bubbleking. The only skimmers I can compare it too are my old cheap, crappy ones but i have no regrets buying it which considering the price, is saying a lot :mrgreen:

*edit* I have the supermarin 200

gkersten
06-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the responses

Aquattro
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Personally, i just saw a bubbleking mini working and didn't think it at all worth the price difference from a comparably rated Euroreef. Just my opinion though....

Jason McK
06-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I Run a BK 300ext. and Love it. Mind you I have never had a high end skimmer before. Also when looking for a skimmer for 400G tank the price of most top skimmers levels off a bit.

J

Aquattro
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Also when looking for a skimmer for 400G tank the price of most top skimmers levels off a bit.

J

True, skimmers in that range all look to be over a grand.

blaster
06-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I have the supermarine250 and its far and away the best skimmer i've owned

seanoman
06-02-2008, 09:14 PM
I run the same skimmer as Jason has (BK300) and it is awesome. It pulls out some pretty sick looking skimmate. Also I have read a lot of reviews about them over in Europe and Germany, and they swear by them.

They have there own little Bubble King Fan club of sorts!! :lol:

albert_dao
06-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Personally, i just saw a bubbleking mini working and didn't think it at all worth the price difference from a comparably rated Euroreef. Just my opinion though....

What you see doesn't necessarily translate accurately into what's actually happening. Granted, all tanks are different and the actual results of the skimmers will reflect, but by the numbers, BK's and other top-of-the-line skimmers (ATB, the new Chinese BK knockoff's, etc) all rate higher on efficiencies, performance and convenience features.

ER has it's place at its price point, but so do Toyota Yaris' and Dodge Neons. Some people want Ferrari's :)

Jason McK
06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
To add to my previous post. I have found that the BK has very high quality parts right down to the acrylic used. by far the thickest Acrylic being used. Each and ever joint is bonded perfectly. The machining of the base is flawless.
Also the ease of cleaning the skimmer is also well thought out and as easy as turning the collection 'bucket' LOL