PDA

View Full Version : New larger Red Sea Max

Brent F
05-27-2008, 04:02 AM
Red Sea was showing this at the INTERZOO Aquarium show in Germany. If the 250 is the size in litres that's 66 US gallons.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk257/ecal468/DSCN0179_edited.jpg

tgoeujon
05-27-2008, 04:06 AM
nice

i have crabs
05-27-2008, 04:06 AM
dont suppose thier are any spec's on it, or if its actually gonna be for sale one day

Brent F
05-27-2008, 04:11 AM
There have been rumours of a model larger than the current 34 gallon one for a while now. Since they have built at least one for the show it shows they are seriously considering it. Hopefully this will get to market soon.

I think there is a market for this tank. It is a more functional size than the 130 litre / 34 gallon model and shares the clean lines and upscale look for people who want the look and are willing to pay for it.

ElGuappo
05-27-2008, 05:40 AM
looks good hopefully they have improved the lighting aswell.

Brent F
05-27-2008, 05:59 AM
looks good hopefully they have improved the lighting aswell.

... and the skimmer which is near useless.

fishytime
05-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Dont you just love these "reef ready" systems. I love the look of these systems, but you have to wonder when there is a growing number of companies devoted to modifying these tanks so they actually are reef ready. Like I said do love the way they look though.

Pan
05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd buy the Elos mini system over this one any day of the week.

Brent F
05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
The Elos is nice with its LED lighting, open top design, sleek cabinet and sump in the stand. It should be a great setup but $1700 - $2000 is pretty steep for a 20 gallon tank.

It will be interesting to see if Red Sea addressed the problems with the 34 gallon when they designed this 66 gallon tank (skimmer sucks, media difficult to access, can't fill tank completely and surface skim, light bulbs are proprietary and difficult to find...). Predrilling it so a sump can be placed in the stand and more intense lighting would be nice to see.

redseasteve
05-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Word gets around quickly....I thought I could maybe give some more details on our new reef aquarium. The Max 250 will be available later this year and is a 250litre fully reef spec aquarium supplied with cabinet, and available in black, silver or white. It includes: 6x39watt T5 lighting, giving 236 watts of lighting and we have already proven in our lab tests that the aquarium gives great sps growth over a long period. LED night lights and built in fans are controlled with the T5's via a digital timer. Twin circulation pumps deliver nearly 15x aquarium turnover of 3600lph. A full size turbo injected proten skimmer is included, giving 300lph air flow and it's powered by a 2400lph pump. The filtration includes mechanical, biologicial and checmical stages and a heater is also supplied. The cabinet has been designed with chiller airflow in mind, and a chiller accessory kit is supplied with the Max 250, to ensure the hoses are easy to fit.
All the electrics are plugged into a power center which gives complete control of switching, and means there's only one cord going to the mains socket.
You can expect to see information on the Max 250, and the amazing new C-Skim 1200 protein skimmer, and Aiptasia-X on our website shortly. Best wishes

Brent F
05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Steve, Thanks for the info and welcome to the board

Pan
05-28-2008, 04:53 PM
The Elos is nice with its LED lighting, open top design, sleek cabinet and sump in the stand. It should be a great setup but $1700 - $2000 is pretty steep for a 20 gallon tank.

It will be interesting to see if Red Sea addressed the problems with the 34 gallon when they designed this 66 gallon tank (skimmer sucks, media difficult to access, can't fill tank completely and surface skim, light bulbs are proprietary and difficult to find...). Predrilling it so a sump can be placed in the stand and more intense lighting would be nice to see.
Yes a little pricey. But in my mind people looking at an Elos tank are not worried about price.(look at brickys thread on his elos tank on RC) There is a lot of money thrown around in this hobby. I for one could not actually justify owning an elos aquarium...at least not untill i'm in a more stable position and out of school at least. But they are nice :)

albert_dao
05-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd buy an Elos over most other nano-tanks EZ.

ElGuappo
05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Word gets around quickly....I thought I could maybe give some more details on our new reef aquarium. The Max 250 will be available later this year and is a 250litre fully reef spec aquarium supplied with cabinet, and available in black, silver or white. It includes: 6x39watt T5 lighting, giving 236 watts of lighting and we have already proven in our lab tests that the aquarium gives great sps growth over a long period. LED night lights and built in fans are controlled with the T5's via a digital timer. Twin circulation pumps deliver nearly 15x aquarium turnover of 3600lph. A full size turbo injected proten skimmer is included, giving 300lph air flow and it's powered by a 2400lph pump. The filtration includes mechanical, biologicial and checmical stages and a heater is also supplied. The cabinet has been designed with chiller airflow in mind, and a chiller accessory kit is supplied with the Max 250, to ensure the hoses are easy to fit.
All the electrics are plugged into a power center which gives complete control of switching, and means there's only one cord going to the mains socket.
You can expect to see information on the Max 250, and the amazing new C-Skim 1200 protein skimmer, and Aiptasia-X on our website shortly. Best wishes

No metion on the media here ? i am just wondering if it has been moved , as it is a real pain in the A$$ to change the carbon and such . i have to unplug the hood and totally remove it so that i can remove the PH's so i can get at the media. i only ask as it takes longer to actually get to the media then it does to change it. just my opinion, aside from this i realy have no complants, and really enjoy the tank. i am not a small person and cant even get an arm in to grab the media with the hood on.

Brent F
05-30-2008, 03:22 PM
No metion on the media here ? i am just wondering if it has been moved , as it is a real pain in the A$$ to change the carbon and such . i have to unplug the hood and totally remove it so that i can remove the PH's so i can get at the media. i only ask as it takes longer to actually get to the media then it does to change it. just my opinion, aside from this i realy have no complants, and really enjoy the tank. i am not a small person and cant even get an arm in to grab the media with the hood on.

I just saw pictures of the rear chambers. They have mooved teh media so you can now clean it without having to remove the pumps.

It looks like they listened to complaints from the customers of the RSM 130 and corrected teh problems with the 250.

Here's a post with pictures of the rear chamber of the 250
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12643932#post12643932

ElGuappo
05-30-2008, 03:59 PM
looks like you need to run both PH's. one to keep water through the media and one for the skimmer? ant way look like its much nicer to clean.

redseasteve
01-09-2009, 08:28 AM
There are actually 3 pumps. The protein skimmer has a pump delivering 3:1 water to air ratio (80 gph air & 240 gph water). There are then 2 circulation pumps. One drives water through the filter system and one pulls water from the skimmer chamber, giving total circulation of 960gph. Both have bubble traps to ensure microbubbles are minimised. We'll have a video on www.redseamax.com shortly, showing the complete system. In the meantime there's a low res short video we took at a show. At least you can see the water flow from the pumps.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1R8knkhEzdg

redseasteve
01-23-2009, 02:35 AM
The video of the Red Sea Max 250 is now available both on our website and youtube. Follow the link: http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/250Temp/redseamax/Red_Sea_MAX_HP_250.html

rachelgreen
09-26-2009, 03:58 AM
great to share, want to see the removed pic!

intarsiabox
09-30-2009, 12:34 AM
Welcome to Canreef! Just go to redseafish.com, the tank has been out for awhile now so all the specs and pictures are on the manufacturers web site. It looks like you're a long way from Canada! Are you in the process of setting up an aquarium or do you have one going already? This is a very friendly and informative forum.:biggrin: