PDA

View Full Version : Auto top off system.

Douglas
05-26-2008, 12:53 AM
I have a problem with my auto water top off system and am seeking advice. I'm using a Tsunami AT1 sensor, and a Aqua lifter aw-20 vacuum pump, from a reservior. I tested it to see if the sensor was working, and it is, but the water does not shut off...it's like it creates a siphon and constantly fills the sump. Looking for helpful scientific advice to fix the problem. Thanks, Doug

Der_Iron_Chef
05-26-2008, 12:56 AM
So the Aqualifter is malfunctioning then? Or am I not understanding your setup? Does it deliver the top off water under water?

Douglas
05-26-2008, 01:09 AM
No, the aqualifter is an external pump, that draws from a reservior. It turns on when the sensor(Tsunami) detects low water in the sump. I can tell when it's running, but after it shuts off, i get a steady drip, lowering my salt level in the tank, over a period on time. I've seen this system work before, on tank in the internet. I was wondering if it's done this before to anyone using it. Doug

Der_Iron_Chef
05-26-2008, 01:20 AM
I use several aqualifters and neither seem to keep dripping after they're turned off. You might want to get some new airline tubing and/or run some hot water through it, just to clean it, etc? Otherwise, I'm not sure!

Douglas
05-26-2008, 02:18 AM
It's weird, because it's a brand new set up, just installed. Puzzling.....:neutral: Don't know if it's the lines....could be the pump.(but it's brand new also.)

Brent F
05-26-2008, 02:25 AM
Is the ATO reservior higher than the sump? It so, it is possible you are getting a siphon.

chris c
05-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Is the ATO reservior higher than the sump? It so, it is possible you are getting a siphon.

this is what happened to me to try running your topoff water in to your tank not your sump this is what i did and it works great now.

chris

Douglas
05-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I'll probably keeping the sensor in the sump, and put the return line into the tank.(which is higher than the reservior.) Grade 6 science. :wink: I'll try that. Cool, hope it works. Thanks, Doug