PDA

View Full Version : Purple Tangs at Big Al's

Bob I
03-15-2003, 05:16 PM
I was touring around looking for Zoos yesterday (didn't find any), but I noticed Big Al's has large numbers of Red Sea Purple Tangs (if any of you Tang freaks are interested). They are a mere $124.95. There was a sign on the tank stating all corals were $29.95. Too bad there were none to be had. There was another sign that said new corals would arrive the first week of March. This was on the 14th of March. There were also great big Sohal Tangs. :wink:

BTW Azoo now has floating magnets for sale. They come on three sizes at $37.95 for the largest. They are on at 30% off at Pisces. I bought the small one for $11.89. 8)

spikehs
03-15-2003, 05:37 PM
when i was there last week they had a tank with ~15 flame angels....

Bob I
03-15-2003, 06:51 PM
when i was there last week they had a tank with ~15 flame angels....

I have read that most of the dwarf angels are now tank bred, but they still charge the big bucks, $74.95 I believe.

spikehs
03-15-2003, 07:22 PM
really? i didn't think they were there quite yet, i thought that they had start to be successfull raising them, but that they wont be available for quite some time....Do you have a link to where you read that from? i would be interested to read it.

Bob I
03-15-2003, 07:29 PM
really? i didn't think they were there quite yet, i thought that they had start to be successfull raising them, but that they wont be available for quite some time....Do you have a link to where you read that from? i would be interested to read it.

I believe it was in SeaScope, which is a free newsletter fro Aquarium Systems.

Bob I
03-15-2003, 07:56 PM

Yes, sorry, I just reread the article, and noted that they are being bred, but not yet commercially. Just go here http://www.marineland.com/seascope/SumSS2002.pdf

saltcreep
03-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Centropyge angels are being captive bred now, but are not commercially available. I would ask how many people would buy them? Based on the "demand" for captive bred clowns, I would be interested to see how many hobbiests would actually ante up and spend the extra bucks to buy these angels.

Bob I
03-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Centropyge angels are being captive bred now, but are not commercially available. I would ask how many people would buy them? Based on the "demand" for captive bred clowns, I would be interested to see how many hobbiests would actually ante up and spend the extra bucks to buy these angels.

Just an update for you. Tank raised clowns are being sold by the tanksful here in Calgary at several LFS's. They are not more expensive than wild caught, they are actually a liitle less. I have been told they are raised in Edmonton, but I have never found out by who in Edmonton. 8)

AJ_77
03-15-2003, 08:43 PM
That's clever timing - when that Disney movie hits, they will sell hundreds of 'home hobbyist' saltwater tanks, each with at least a pair of captive-raised clownfish.

There's money to be made!