PDA

View Full Version : Yay

Dobber
05-22-2008, 05:13 AM
getting in a tunze wavebox and an orca 200 protein skimmer

mseepman
05-22-2008, 05:38 AM
Wow Tom, go big or go home eh? Didn't you buy a wave maker already?

Dobber
05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
i bought the wavemaker yes but i can't run the 8400gph of flow with it so i am running two maxijets with the big propeller on constant the others with the small propeller and on random occcurances ( they will be mounted on the back wall to give some sort of counter current and really create some wild effects with the waves) i will also have the wavebox running with probably a 2 inch wave two give huge wave action i think that the fish are going to really love it oh and btw the cross current MJ's are going to run on days when iut is rainy and stormy outside to give a sort of stormy feel to the waters also i have a shade for the top of the tank to make it seem even more realistic lol can't wait to try everything out

PS: will post photos and a link to a video on youtube

mseepman
05-22-2008, 03:56 PM
sounds good. I don't know which tank you have (I think Perfecto if my memory serves me) but be careful about that wave if you don't have eurobracing. A 2" wave has a lot of power and 220G of water on your floor does a lot of damage.

Dobber
05-22-2008, 04:05 PM
i might be just going with a 1" inch wave now that i think about it and i might turn it up on stormy days right so i dunno but it should turn out pretty good and another thing is that i might run a single air line into one of the pumps to make the effect of the strom seem even more realistic just a thought gimme some two cents

andresont
05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
sounds good. I don't know which tank you have (I think Perfecto if my memory serves me) but be careful about that wave if you don't have eurobracing. A 2" wave has a lot of power and 220G of water on your floor does a lot of damage.

wavebox doesn't generate lateral action , only vertical level drops at the sides. So it's pretty safe even at 2". :wink:
jm2cw