PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Oh! Gonna Get the 42 Hex Today!

Beverly
03-15-2003, 12:01 PM
After shopping around the south side and west end, we decided to go for the Oceanic Cherry Oak 42g Hex. The template I made and laced on the small table looked good, and our discussions on overalll setup cost put the project on the do-able list :-)

So now I'm slowly filling a 5 gal bucket with RO and will use it to premix salt and to get the water to the right temp before adding to the tank. The one caveate to getting rock and livestock is that I have to finish sewing the remaining two quilt tops that have been laid out on bedroom and living room floors for the past week. The tank, sandbed, heaters and powerhead will be purchased today, so I'd better get off my duff and get sewing!

Will probably buy some rock from Big Al's who has the best price on Fiji rock and some Indonesian from Saltwater Fantasies. Fish will likely come from AI as they have the best looking fish with a pretty large selection, even though prices are a little on the steep side say compared to SWF.

Some corals will hopefully come from folks on this board whose corals are overgrowing thier intended spaces in your tanks :-)) I would appreciate anybody in that category contacting me within the next week or so with the kinds of coral(s) they have extra. With 175w on a 42g, we can keep sps and lps, but I can't resist green star polyps and a few other softies, room permitting that is. We've gotta be selective in what we put in such a relatively small tank.

Take care all, and thanks in advance for considering sharing your excess corals with us :-)