PDA

View Full Version : Planted tank info

rocketlily
05-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Can anyone tell me where is the best place to get info on planted tanks. The pond fish just went outside :biggrin: and I now have an empty 50 gal.
Can't let it sit too long empty as that just seems like a waste of space.

Myka
05-18-2008, 10:04 PM
www.plantedtank.net

Nevin
05-19-2008, 03:57 AM
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/

CLINT
05-19-2008, 04:54 AM
I see a lot of really nice planted tanks at WWW.BCAQUARIA.COM Good site for freshwater info.Clint

ElGuappo
05-21-2008, 02:53 AM
What are you looking for info on ?
Also will you be bring the fish back in, in the winter?

rocketlily
05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I will probably be keeping the 50 gal empty for the pond fish to come back to in the fall but will turn the 20 gal into a planted tank. I was looking for info on filtration, lighting and substrates.

ElGuappo
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Any idea what kind of fish i have 45 gal planted barb community and a 25 gal newt tank both are planted. i used a spectra stone brand rock in both as the pebbles are a little bigger and i think they have the best colors. i have one earthtone and one using pastel colors. i use a hob filter on both although i have swithced to sponge filter in the newt tank as they dont like too much flow. i reccoment the aquaclear hob type. they work great and are very easy to clean and change media. i also use the original hood with a aqua glow bulb. i get pretty good grwth and alll stock seems to like it.

i gotta run but if you would like me to take pics of substrate and such let me know and i will post some by dinner. you can see some of my old fics under the link in my signature.

kwirky
06-01-2008, 05:48 AM
if you want "the elite of the elite" then check out http://www.barrreport.com/. The site's dedicated to the estimative index methodology. A little difficult to comprehend at first but once it's understood it's very easy to follow and produces CRAZY plant growth. My 120g's plant growth doubled in volume every 1-2 weeks.

Tom Barr is some sort of Randy Holmes or Julian Sprung for the planted tank hobby.