PDA

View Full Version : jbj 24g nano cube owners help

ned
05-16-2008, 06:37 PM
ligths on timer never came on, fans do, so I need a favour. got to test is it balast or hood itself. who owns same thing and is willing and able to help fellow reefer contact me, I'll bring my hood and balast so I can try and see what exactly is problem. I'll frag-treat you. Thanks. P.S. got other lights on so everything is still live and kicking.

hillbillyreefer
05-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Mine did the same thing yesterday. How old is yours? Mine was new in September.

ned
05-17-2008, 01:31 AM
bought used, way it looks and what guy says at least three years old.mine is built in, I can live without hood or original balast, got spare lights, if we can help each other, sure thing, parts from mine to yours or vice versa, as they would say whatev works. lets try combining yours and mine to get yours working.thx

hillbillyreefer
05-17-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm going to upgrade to MH I think. I've been pricing things out just need to
take the plunge. I don't really like the hood that much anyway. I'm looking at the Viper K2 or the Sunpod for an upgrade. I've been keeping SPS with the PC lights but they are right at the top, with poor growth rates and not as much color as they should have.

I have a feeling we both need the same parts. My ballast smells like burnt wiring. Pretty common problem with the JBJ's from what I've read. If I lived closer to Edmonton we could get together and see if we could get one running. I live way to far away.

brizzo
05-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I recently took the dive and upgraded to a 150w hqi clamp on light from corallife.

Though I would be willing to sell my ballast box as I don't need it anymore. It has a brand new ballast in it also, with maybe 2 months usage on it