PDA

View Full Version : Phosban reactor as zeovit reactor

hecks220
05-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Anybody have any ideas how i can keep my diy zeovit reactor which is a phosban reactor from getting air around the zeolites when i shake it. Currently i disconnect the hoses, pull it out of the sump, plug the holes and shake it. Some air bubbles get around the zeolites harming some of the micro-organisms...does this sound right? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

christyf5
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Make sure the intake hose is secure. I find that when you move the phosban reactor around the intake hose becomes loose and air can sometimes enter through there. I also increase the flow within the reactor when I shake it to get the bubbles moving through faster if any are created.:biggrin:

atcguy
05-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I have a reactor for my ultralith but if I had a smaller tank and was going to run a phosban reactor I would put a line running into the reactor from my main return with a gate valve.. Make sure other hoses are clamped onto the reactor for pressure and open the gate valve slightly to force high powered water into the phosban.. This should stir things up with no need to remove and shake. Just a thought?? I dont know.. I am considering modifying my reactor so my aquatronica mixes the reactor daily with pressurized water?? I want everything automatic...

Brent F
05-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Air for a minute while shaking shouldn't case a problem. The warnings on the zeovit literature are to make sure the stones are not dry while the pump is off if you are running the reactor 3 hours on, 3 hours off.

I'm using a three fishes phosban reactor for zeovit. I have a shutoff valve just before the reactor so don't need to remove the hoses when I shake it. Just turn off the valve, pick up the reactor and shake, hang it back on my tank, and turn teh valve back on. Once teh flow is turned back on any air bubbles get pumped out.

kwirky
05-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Make sure the intake hose is secure. I find that when you move the phosban reactor around the intake hose becomes loose and air can sometimes enter through there.

yeah other than the awkwardness, caused by holding the output/input in place while shaking, it can work. Air bubbles aren't a huge concern I think. In a proper reactor you get air bubbles making contact anyways when you pump it if it's almost full of media. Never had problems with it.

hecks220
05-16-2008, 02:07 AM
thanks for the feedback...those are great ideas