PDA

View Full Version : ACE/CAOAC Show and Auction

BigA
05-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Is anyone going to the convention/show/auction in Edmonton this weekend? If so are you bringing anything to sell at the auction?

One of the keynote speakers is Mitch Carl, Supervisor of Aquatic Inverts at the Omaha Zoo. He is speaking a couple of times on the weekend, once on "Pests, Predators, and Diseases of Corals" and once on his SECORE (SExual COral REproduction) Project.

More info can be found here----> http://www.fish-club.org/index.php

Hope to see you all there!!!

BigA
05-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow. Nobody is going? That sux. I was hoping that there would be some sw stuff at the auction. Auctions get kinda boring after the 10th lot of electric yellow mbuna sell for 25 cents a fish!!!! lol!

BigA
05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Will be going to the show this weekend and hope to have some good photos of fish and inverts to post on here. Hope to see some of you there!!!

sharuq1
05-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I might end up going but I am not sure yet. I'm not a member so can't bring anything to sell. If you're going and you want to trade small frags straight across (one for the other, no money) Frags I have that I could bring: gsp, lilac digi with brownish polyps with green tips, small frag of birdsnest (tan with green tipped polyps), blue/green regular mushroom, chaeto, purpley/yellow ric & purpley ric (on same base).

I am looking for: blue rics, other types of mushrooms, bright zoos, photosynthetic gorgs, maybe some sps if I can fit it in my frag box at home that is waiting on my getting metal halides.

Don't need gsp, euphyllia, don't want any leathers. Pm me if you are interested in trading, then i would have a reason to go. Would not be taking my own car, getting a ride from someone in cowtown probably.

scub steve
05-16-2008, 07:56 PM
me and my brother are going

BigA
05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
I might end up going but I am not sure yet. I'm not a member so can't bring anything to sell. If you're going and you want to trade small frags straight across (one for the other, no money) Frags I have that I could bring: gsp, lilac digi with brownish polyps with green tips, small frag of birdsnest (tan with green tipped polyps), blue/green regular mushroom, chaeto, purpley/yellow ric & purpley ric (on same base).

I am looking for: blue rics, other types of mushrooms, bright zoos, photosynthetic gorgs, maybe some sps if I can fit it in my frag box at home that is waiting on my getting metal halides.

Don't need gsp, euphyllia, don't want any leathers. Pm me if you are interested in trading, then i would have a reason to go. Would not be taking my own car, getting a ride from someone in cowtown probably.

Unfortunately my tank is still cycling and not ready to add any coral yet. Thanks for the offer to trade though. May take you up on that in a few months. :biggrin:

sharuq1
05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Only mentioned trading with no money because I have no money, lol. :lol:

sharuq1
05-18-2008, 02:06 AM
well I'm officially out, stuff has come up =/

Murminator
05-20-2008, 07:55 PM
I woulda went ....but on a long weekend?...yeah right that shoulda been something they should have in the fall....not stickin around town on May long for that

BigA
05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I woulda went ....but on a long weekend?...yeah right that shoulda been something they should have in the fall....not stickin around town on May long for that

While I agree that this wasn't the best weekend for it, ACE didn't have much choice in the matter as the date is predetermined by CAOAC. It is their convention and annual election meeting after all. ACE was just the host club.

Anyway, I have to say I was rather dissapointed with it as a whole. Took a lot of photos, but very little SW content. Very unprofessionally run as well. I went on saturday afternoon. When I got there, part of fishroom was not ready for viewing. About half way through the viewing room, after I finally got in, it was decided by organizers that modifications to the displays had to be made at that very second, and my viewing experience was ended.

Auction was disappointing as well, only 3 lots of SW - all mushroom frags. The majority of the rest of the lots were as per usual - African Cichlids and BN plecos.