PDA

View Full Version : Water timer

steve fedyk
05-13-2008, 02:43 AM
I'm looking for a water timer for my RO/DI. The idea is to turn on the water for 1 hours every day all the way up to 24 hoursfor a day for water changes. Tired of coming home to find the water bucket over filling in the sink.
Any good ideas where to buy one of these, not over $60. Thank for your help.

michika
05-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Tagging along, I'm interested in one of these too.

Have you tried the sprinkler section at the hardware store?

mark
05-13-2008, 03:40 AM
Not so much for the tank but have wondered how well sprinkler timers like to ones I've seen at LV (http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=58805&cat=2,2280,33160)work.

mseepman
05-13-2008, 03:51 AM
If I get you right...why not just buy an automatic shut off for your system. It's like an ATO but it shuts down your RO/DI system when your bucket or container is full. Most RO/DI makers offer them as an add-on.

Just as an example: http://www.spectrapure.com/St_alc_p4.htm

Black Phantom
05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Probably the cheapest way is to buy a humidifier float kit from Home Depot and then install it in your bucket. A single hole drilled in the side is all you need to do and then run a separate RO line into it. I did this with my 45 gallon containers and it works just fine. You just need to scale it down some. They are less than $20 bucks if I remember correctly.

Jason McK
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
If you don't have a auto shut off solenoid on your RO/DI you would have to get the shut off kit from your RO?DI manufacture. If you do (And a lot come standard now) just add the float to your bucket.

If not there are a ton of different lawn sprinkler timers on the market. They are as simple as a egg timer to as complex as a multi-schedule, multi-day timer

J

niloc16
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
i use an outside sprinkler timer from the main water supply to the ro/di unit. the ro unit also has the auto shutoff valve, and the water mixing bucket uses a kent float valve