PDA

View Full Version : Darn

Snappy
05-13-2008, 12:33 AM
In the last couple of weeks I've lost 3 anthias, 4 firefish and now 2 clams. This latest clam today hurt as is was a nice sized crocea I've had for over 3 years. I might have to kill a few of my ill-behaved fish that are making me mad. No wonder I've been fighting a recent algae bloom. :twised:

Reef_kid
05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
my flame angel just up and vanished in the last 3 days...
it sucks!!

Snappy
05-13-2008, 01:22 AM
my flame angel is part of the problem

mseepman
05-13-2008, 01:32 AM
Are you saying that a few of your fish are doing the killing?

Delphinus
05-13-2008, 03:05 AM
Man, that's hard to take.. what's happening, is it nipping?

michika
05-13-2008, 04:05 AM
Ouch! I hope things sort themselves out soon for your Greg.

banditpowdercoat
05-13-2008, 05:46 AM
My latest addition, a banggai, lasted 28 hrs :( Too stressed from the bus ride i guess.

Sebae again
05-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Snappy, do you have a cleaner wrasse ? Mine went bizerk after 8 months. I lost 5 clams ,some I had for 2 1/2 years. The wrasse started picking on one clam causing it to spawn which got another clam going this in turn interested my flame angel. The angel thought it was great and would fight the other fish to be first in line for this treat.The angel killed a firefish ,Yasha goby and Sunrise Anthias in other words the more timid fish. I came home from work to see this going on . If I had come home a couple hours later I might have not seen any of this.My tank water became milky but the skimmer took care of it in a couple hours or so. All the clams died one by one even after moving a couple of them to another tank. I think they died from the stress of the spawn and milky water. The firefish had about a 3/8 gash in his side and the fin ripped off . Previous to this the Flame angel never showed any aggression and was scared of the much smaller Coral Beauty,keeping his distance. So no more cleaner wrasses for me. A $10 fish and a $600 lesson.

Snappy
05-13-2008, 03:11 PM
With the clams the problem is my regal tang, chevron tang and flame angel nipping them to death. The firefish deaths were the result of my niger trigger and the anthias went on a hunger strike.