PDA

View Full Version : AIO - How are You Utilizing Your Refugium?

Oscar
05-11-2008, 02:33 PM
For those of you with all-in-one tanks, how are you using your refugium? Have you got it filled with chaeto or other algae? Are you using it to raise food for the main tank?

I now have the display section of my tank filled with LR and a few hermits. It is time to consider how best to use the refugium.

Oscar
05-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Any comments?

brizzo
05-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey Oscar,

In the back of my nano cube in the first chamber I run purigen and carbon, second chamber is rock + chaeto (and has a 72 led light array at night), and pump+heater in the third chamber. Seems to work well :)

Oscar
05-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Hey Oscar,

In the back of my nano cube in the first chamber I run purigen and carbon, second chamber is rock + chaeto (and has a 72 led light array at night), and pump+heater in the third chamber. Seems to work well :)

Tell me more about the LED light array. Do you have any photos of your setup? Who is the manufacturer?

brizzo
05-13-2008, 06:29 AM
I built it myself a long while back, before led lights were commercial available and just being talked about. I found some very very obscure website back then selling pcbs, and i found a pcb that was a 72 led array + resistors. I bought 14,000mcd leds on ebay, and soldered it all up. I then build a little acrylic box, painted the inside white, painted the outside black, and made a whole for a 30mm fan

I'll get you pics tomorrow :mrgreen:

mseepman
05-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Oscar, here is an example of one of the LED options out there. No idea what costs are but they make nice stuff.

http://www.r2lights.com/

Oscar
05-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Oscar, here is an example of one of the LED options out there. No idea what costs are but they make nice stuff.

http://www.r2lights.com/

Very interesting. But it looks like they only produce moonlights at this time although they claim to be consistent with the wave lengths generated by the moon.

mseepman
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I would say that there are other producers out there that make something that will work. I would search at nano-reef.com