PDA

View Full Version : is this Ick?

banditpowdercoat
05-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Had my gramma for a week now, and just got another clown and Banggai Cardinal. Whise observing, I noticed this splotch on gramma. Is this Ick? Camera is hard to take pics, sorry. Spot right above his left fin.
http://banditpowdercoat.com/Powdergallery/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/normal_Dsc00009.jpg

He's also being real aggressive towards the Banggai. Man, does his mouth open BIG. Thought grammas were peacefull fish?

WhoPoopWrasse
05-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Grammas are very teritorial! Depending on your tank size, your bangaii could be in for a regular beating, if your tank is big enough he's just going to show the bangaii who's boss and eventually they'll be ok together. As for the spot, it's hard to say, could be velvet?!?! :sad:

banditpowdercoat
05-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Ohh. Tank size is 45g. 1/4 round, so not long.

velvet, how do, What do I do?

WhoPoopWrasse
05-11-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm not really an expert but usually velvet is a fast killer, Copper is the only option in a QT. But like I said, can't be sure, would need a better pic but maybe you can look it up on the net and you may be able to better diagnose it.

banditpowdercoat
05-11-2008, 04:03 AM
Well, Just filled a QT tank, but will be till tomorrow night till I can get him into it. Water needs to stabilize Sg etc. And, no chance of getting any copper till Monday evening so, I HOPE its not velvet. But, I do have a bad case of Cyano, which I know is another form of dinoflaggettes, right?

Also, hes swimming fine, not seeming irritated, and breathing seems normal. Little faster than 1 per second

WhoPoopWrasse
05-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Do you have any filter floss anywhere in your 45g, if so use use of the old stuff in your QT filter and it will be instantly cycled. There should be nothing in this tank except for a piece of PCV pipe to hide in.
In the mean time you should try to get a better pic of the fish, if it's just an injury you could be stressing him for nothing by moving him into a QT.