PDA

View Full Version : So damn cool

sharuq1
05-10-2008, 05:38 AM
I was watching Blue Planet last night and went to look at my tank under the moonlights when I saw movement at the sand. Normally I don't see much on the sand other than maybe some copepds/amphipods/isopods-- so I looked closer and I saw tons of teeny tiny little shrimps. I'm guessing my fireshrimp must have been holding eggs, as I have no other shrimp in the tank. Either that or I have some mysids I have never seen (possible seeing as I have chaeto from someone who did have them breed in their tank, but I don't think likely seeing as I have never seen one in mine).

Definitely not pods, they looked like tiny brownish/clearish/greyish shrimp in uber miniature. That is the coolest thing I have seen in the tank yet.

Pan
05-10-2008, 05:50 AM
They are obviously intergalatic deep water observers...shrimp..sheesh. Hopefully there not isopods... well the bad kind anyways... :)

sharuq1
05-10-2008, 05:58 AM
hehe, no, I have seen isopods and those aren't it. They look very much like cherry shrimp babies, except not as clear (when viewed over sand anyway) and smaller. This would explain why the fire shrimp has been hiding, lol.