PDA

View Full Version : BC resturant

ElGuappo
05-09-2008, 06:29 PM
my buddies father was just in bc im not sure where but his sone was telling me of a resturant that has 2 5000g cylidrical tanks with a bridge connecting the two that you can walk under. i was just wondering if anyone know specificaly where this is or if anyone has pics???????????????/

psuedo
05-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I believe that is in Nanaimo at a resort. I forget the name of it, but I was there a few years back. They bought this tank and a few other big ones when the Rainforest cafe closed down and sold theirs at auction

christyf5
05-10-2008, 03:36 AM
The Landing at Pacific Shores Resort in Nanoose Bay (near Nanaimo).

http://www.landinggrill.com/index.html

Great food great view :biggrin:

mseepman
05-10-2008, 05:39 AM
There's a chain of US bars that have it too. Jungle cafe maybe...we saw one at Disneyland and then another couple in malls in Orange county.

banditpowdercoat
05-10-2008, 07:43 AM
WOW, have to don SCUBA to do maintenance there LOL

spoot
05-10-2008, 08:59 AM
I've always wondered where the Rainforest tanks went.

workn2hard2day
05-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Yes,those are the rainforest tanks. If you would like to see them with out having to pay :biggrin: head on over for a lovely 5 hour "time share meeting". Unfortunatly, I went before the darn tanks were installed :sad:

mseepman
05-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey thats it. Rainforest Cafe...I new it was something like that. Those places are all over the west coast of the US.

ElGuappo
05-10-2008, 09:49 PM
wow that is pretty increadible. thanks to all. like mentioned before im glade im not the one who has to amintain that sucker.

ColinD
12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes,those are the rainforest tanks. If you would like to see them with out having to pay :biggrin: head on over for a lovely 5 hour "time share meeting". Unfortunatly, I went before the darn tanks were installed :sad:
You can just go for dinner, I was the Chef there before moving to Calgary. There is also a 200gallon in the lobby and a 300 in the spa. Dinning room tank is 13000 gallons total, with IIRC a 5000 gallon sump fed with fresh salt water directly from Craig Bay. The resort operates a hatchery on site raising Coho salmon, most are released into Craig Creek, but a few make it into the smaller tanks to grow and then into the big tank, theres usually a good assortment of Rock Cod, Sole, Dungeness Crab, Starfish and other animals collected during dives off Uclulet.

Walter the aquariist (sp?) for the resort also works closely with the Vancouver Aquarium, as the resort has had some successes with animals that no one else has.

They used to give tours to the public on Wednesday mornings, not sure if they still do but you could always give them a call.

Colin