PDA

View Full Version : Where to get PVC flex hose cement?

gqlmao
05-08-2008, 04:50 AM
I've tried homedepot but I didnt find any, where else could possibly sell cement that is made for flex hoses?

Thank you

Stanley,

mark
05-08-2008, 04:56 AM
Got my Spaflex from a Hottub place and asked what they used and told just PVC cement and primer

gqlmao
05-08-2008, 05:16 AM
I tried the yellow pvc cement plus primer, I used the purple primer from oatley and it doesnt work that well. I can twist off the tube if I tried. I'm not sure if it should be another primer or another pvc cement.

Sebae again
05-08-2008, 05:29 AM
If it is yellow glue it is more than likely for black abs pipe or cpvc.Pvc glue is normally grey,clear or blue.

Jason McK
05-08-2008, 05:34 AM
I would really get the correct primer and cement Ask whom ever you got the spaflex from they should get you the correct glue

J

Delphinus
05-08-2008, 05:49 AM
In Calgary, Western Pump or Western Pool & Spa or whatever they call themselves sells both the spaflex and the cement. It's nice to use the flex PVC cement because it's clear. You can use the clear on rigid PVC as well.

hummer
05-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I got my Flex PVC cement from Western Pumps. I believe I saw some at Rona too.

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I have used the regular grey PVC cement with flex PVC for years with no problems or leaks. The yellow stuff is for CPVC. There is also a yellow cement for ABS but I think it comes in a different color can, I forget. Either way, you have the wrong cement. I know Home Depot carries the clear PVC cement too, its not labeled for flex PVC though, I think it basically just says the same thing as the grey PVC cement.

gqlmao
05-08-2008, 05:16 PM
thanks guys, yup Ill go check it out today. Kind of desperate lol.
Stanley,