PDA

View Full Version : Refugium question

reefy
05-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I just finished intalling a custum made 30Gallon refugium 2 days ago its running fine so far, my question is what should I put in there, I have around 40 pound of live sand around 5 inches deep and 3 pieces of spare live rock thats about it. now what else should I add to it?I am getting a T5 2X54W today; is that enough lights? I was thinking to put micro algae. any lifestock eg shrimp, gobys, snails? but the thing is that my refugium is at the back of my tank so I wont be able to see anything.....thanks in advance for you suggestions.

mseepman
05-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, most of us put Chaeto in our fuges...it grows quickly, is good at nutrient export and doesn't go a-sexual on you thus fouling the water. I personally also use Halymidea (red). Living in vancouver, you could probably find someone who is trimming their chaeto that would be willing to give you some...I would ask on here.

As for livestock, I don't have any, but I'm thinking to put some hermits in to clean up any junk that gets in there. Avoid snails as they will end up clogging something that you don't want clogged.

reefy
05-07-2008, 04:22 PM
thanks dude!!