PDA

View Full Version : Colt Coral shed

Treebeard
05-07-2008, 03:32 PM
This morning the Colt Coral was lying in the sand on the bottom of the tank. This has happened before but when I picked it up a large number of branches fell off. Is it normal for these guys to shed when they are stressed? Up to now, it has been healthy and growing quickly.

Renegade
05-07-2008, 05:36 PM
when you say shred, do you mean the whole piece came of the rock? Or do you mean its simple dropped branches.

If its dropped branches thats a way of reproducing each of those branch's will turn into a new tree i just toss mine into a little container with some live rock ruble and they reattach in a day or so. I then let them grow out and you have some new frags.

If it whole tree has come off the rock, i'm thinking its probably stressed for some reason, and has dropped branches at an attempt to save itself in some form. I would look into parameters and flow to strong ??

Kyle

Treebeard
05-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I think it just dropped branches. It has done this before, but never to this extent.

BC564
05-07-2008, 05:49 PM
it is just dropping those pieces so it can spread (reproduce) I have one that I added in november...and today...i have about 20-25 .....I even have a few growing on the back of snails and hermits shells....so they are constantly getting moved around the tank...its quite funny