PDA

View Full Version : Going to Guelph (Fragalot order)

saltyrockbox
05-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi

In fact my mother is flying here from Guelph where Burc runs Fragalot.ca she will be carrying a package of frags to Calgary for me. VIP shipping...

So I live in the SE (NewBrighton) and if you have your eye on something...

I'm not sure how big a box of frags she can carry on the plane so, 1st ask 1st served.

I'm only looking to get a few the rest of his red dendro, maybe some ricordia and blue clove.

I talked to Burk and he said a group order would be fine,
BTW she will be picking up the frags just before getting on the plane in Waterloo. She is arriving here next Wednesday evening.

dsaundry
05-07-2008, 06:22 AM
I don't think she will be allowed to carry any of them on..She could probably check them in so long as they are labeled and checked, but as for carry-on you can't bring too much liquid...

KennyKen
05-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I know for a FACT you can't check these, and i lost an order due to not being prepared and organized before i left Toronto.

saltyrockbox
05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Can't check..(they would probably freeze)

maybe cant carry on b/c of to much liquid...

Hmmm thats not good for my plans, I'll triple check about carry on

Thanks

dsaundry
05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
If they are packed properly with heat pack's they would be fine. They are shipped all the time. Check with airline about cost's and restrictions. Not impossible, just a little research....

fencer
05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
In the past Air Canada cargo holds are usually held at the ambient temp before takeoff

JPeach
05-08-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm interested in placing an order if you can figure out the shipment I would love to piggy back it .. Handly enought I'm in New Brighton as well :)

EmilyB
05-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Make sure to have the LFS do all the packing and shipping documentation and you should be fine.

saltyrockbox
05-08-2008, 05:51 PM
well Burk said he will box them up to survive in the baggage when checked. :)

Darksky
05-10-2008, 01:20 AM
>Hmmm thats not good for my plans, I'll triple check about carry on

I work at the airport. I take care of security equipment, so I am there all the time. You are allowed 100ml of any liquid. You would be amazed at what is pulled from people's bags. And it must fit into a plastic ziplock bag. Not really suited for a frag order I would think. So I would let the frag guy know that they will have to go as luggage. And they ship pets all the time in the baggage holds, so they don't get too cold. And they are pressurized. Just pack them well, I watch baggage handlers "handle" bags all the time in the baggage halls. You don't want to know what happens to your bags back there!!!

Good luck!