PDA

View Full Version : Another (Calgary) wickedfrags order? (By any chance..)

Delphinus
05-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok, I'm kind of guessing that so soon freshly off the heels of another wickedfrags order, there might not be enough interest to warrant another group order.. but I'm going to ask nonetheless as I am very tempted on the golden dwarf eel (I have wanted one of these for about 4 years!!!)

I can't justify the shipping cost if I go it alone so I'll have to pass unless there's enough interest to get a couple others onboard.

Sooo... anyone? anyone? (Bueller? Bueller?)

Ephraim
05-07-2008, 01:09 AM
i would be in, but only for $20, not too much help sorry. And i would need the order to arrive by the 15th, cause i leave town for a few weeks after that

gills
05-07-2008, 04:50 AM
I wasn't around for the last one so I would be in for $75 or so. Any timeframe works for me.

exentity
05-07-2008, 07:39 AM
may potentially be in again.

Robw
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I might be in as I have a $20 credit with him. As long as it doesn't arrive on the 15th or 16th.

Rob

wickedfrags
05-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I have some pretty unique fish in stock if anyone wants to consider getting one with Tony's eel. I can fit two fish in my larger shipping container (and maybe a few frags). Any questions about availability or pricing let me know. I have a mystery wrasse, pepermint hogfish (1" cutie!), helfrichi firefish and sub-adult male golden rhomboid available.

All fish are guranteed to arrive alive right to your door. Should you not be familiar with acclimating fish after shipping, I would be happy to go over this with you.

And thank's for the support Calgary!

Cheers,
Dave @ wicked

ElGuappo
05-07-2008, 05:09 PM
i could be in for a assuie gorg. mabe a couple zooz no more than $60. i was in one the first group order that ephram set up about 6 weeks ago and couldnt have been happier. all made it here in great shape and are still doing well.

not much but may help.

exentity
05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok, I am in for $75

motokorth
05-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I am interested in $40-60

michika
05-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Dave,

You wouldn't by chance have a black tang would you? Any other cool tangs perhaps? Or is everything you've got on your website?

Delphinus
05-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow, was that ever a prophetic question!

Ok, seems like we have enough to make a go of this. I'm a little hesitant to volunteer to ambassador this one because my day job complicates matters like receiving a package during the week and then waiting for folks to come pick up (since you never really know when to expect the package to arrive at the door).

I don't mind being the ambassador for the order in terms of organizing the wishlist, but if someone else can volunteer to receive the package, then maybe we have a win here?

michika
05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I might be able to receive the package, provided I snag the black tang Dave just posted about. I need a bit of a heads up, but it shouldn't be an issue.

wickedfrags
05-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Scary! I just posted that I have one...

I otherwise do not have much in the way of unique tangs. It makes most sense to pick up the everyday fish from the LFS.

Dave,

You wouldn't by chance have a black tang would you? Any other cool tangs perhaps? Or is everything you've got on your website?

michika
05-08-2008, 12:07 AM
I've already responded to your Black tang post (its a bit over zealous) and sent you a pm (do I stink of desperation yet?).

wickedfrags
05-08-2008, 12:10 AM
We will see - be mindful that because of the rarity of this fish it is cost prohibitive for many hobbyists. It was expensive over 2 years ago when I got mine for my display, and well they have went up.........

I've already responded to your Black tang post (its a bit over zealous) and sent you a pm (do I stink of desperation yet?).

michika
05-08-2008, 12:14 AM
I have no fear of fish prices. After a 4 year wait, it will be worth it!

wickedfrags
05-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I thought the same way when I got my first black tang. I waited 2 years to get one, and it has been over 2 years since I have seen another one available under 7" in size in the GTA. Regretably the price has gone up for the reasons I noted in the post about this fist. I was advised by my supplier not to expect another one anytime in the near future.

I have no fear of fish prices. After a 4 year wait, it will be worth it!

Ephraim
05-08-2008, 02:31 AM
so are we doing this? Are we going to be able to get it in before the 15th?

hurley
05-08-2008, 10:10 PM
if i was in clagary i would set this up again

BC564
05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
darn...I really wanted that Black Tang.....oh well

Delphinus
05-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Sorry guys, I'm just waiting to hear back from a couple folks.

I'm happy to ambassador the order in terms of organizing, but unless we can arrange for a Saturday delivery (which I don't think wickedfrags will do unfortunately), I can't land the shipment. I can sneak away on a work day at lunchtime to pick up livestock but I don't have the option right now to land the box during the week. I'm sorry.

michika
05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
BC564, go for it. I'm passing on the tang!

Since I'm not getting the tang from Dave, someone else will have to land the order. Sorry all.

gills
05-09-2008, 02:41 AM
I can pick-up the order/have it delivered to my house if it comes before Friday the 15th if Delphinus sets it up. I am heading out of town on Friday so everyone would need to pick-up their order by Thursday night.

gills
05-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Sorry that should be Friday the 16th.

Ephraim
05-09-2008, 03:27 AM
i am in if it arrives for the 15th, i leave town on friday as well.

exentity
05-09-2008, 03:59 AM
That works fine with me, I am still in for $75 then

Delphinus
05-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I guess Dave is away from the computer today, I've sent him a couple inquiries regarding the timing of the order and being able to deliver by the 14th to allow everyone who's indicated interest to be able to participate, but I'm afraid I haven't heard back.

At this point, ie., being that it's Friday late afternoon already, I think the safer option is to assume that it's probably cutting it too close. Frags that are cut need time to heal before shipping and so on.

So ... I think we should call this order off. I apologize to everyone about this, maybe we can try again in the near future when timing isn't quite so tight.

Ephraim
05-09-2008, 10:37 PM
alrighty, better luck next time

wickedfrags
05-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Indeed I was away from the computer today - stupid day job! We will be able to coordinate another Calgary Group order in the near future. I will have some new stuff available in no time.

Tony, sent you a PM.

Dave @ wicked

I guess Dave is away from the computer today, I've sent him a couple inquiries regarding the timing of the order and being able to deliver by the 14th to allow everyone who's indicated interest to be able to participate, but I'm afraid I haven't heard back.

At this point, ie., being that it's Friday late afternoon already, I think the safer option is to assume that it's probably cutting it too close. Frags that are cut need time to heal before shipping and so on.

So ... I think we should call this order off. I apologize to everyone about this, maybe we can try again in the near future when timing isn't quite so tight.