PDA

View Full Version : Scrached acrylic tank

reefy
05-06-2008, 12:25 AM
hi everyone does anyone knows what should I use to fix my scrached 29gallon biocube I think its acrylic, the tank is sitting in my garage, I scrached when I was moving..... I am just wondering what is the best thing to use to fix it...

untamed
05-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Check out...

http://etr-inc.com/index.php

They shipped directly to me and I can attest that the products work. The trick is in trying to determine how deep your scratches actually are and use as light a grit as you can to remove it. Deeper the scratch..the more work needed to buff it out.

Brent F
05-06-2008, 02:12 AM
hi everyone does anyone knows what should I use to fix my scrached 29gallon biocube I think its acrylic, the tank is sitting in my garage, I scrached when I was moving..... I am just wondering what is the best thing to use to fix it...

The Biocube 29 is glass. How bad is the scratch? If it is deep there is a risk of the glass breaking under pressure.

PzReefer
05-06-2008, 03:19 AM
That is a cool link untamed thanks for the post

I am all over that as my 210 is 22 years old now and inevitably no where near as clear as I would like it to be.

I guess you looked into this after the triggers did there thing.

Al

untamed
05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I guess you looked into this after the triggers did there thing.

Al

Yup...that is it exactly. I can tell you that it takes grit #6000 or #8000 to polish out trigger skin scratches! I'm still doing it, actually.

reefy
05-07-2008, 12:45 AM
The Biocube 29 is glass. How bad is the scratch? If it is deep there is a risk of the glass breaking under pressure.

GLASS!! are you sure, I was pretty sure its acrylic...its quite deep, I will get some pic if I have a chance

Brent F
05-07-2008, 03:31 AM
According to their website they are glass. Maybe the older ones are acrylic?

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/products/biocube.php

reefy
05-07-2008, 08:19 AM
ohh yeah, crap now what should I do!!!! is it possible to buff it up?