PDA

View Full Version : Lights of America

Achilles
02-24-2002, 07:25 PM
Hey guys, like most of you I am a frequent visitor of the Reefs.org bulletin board. I am in the process of installing a 50 gallon refugium with mangroves on my 90 gallon reef tank. The guys on reefs.org always talk about their 65w fixture from Lights of America that they use to light their refugiums. I have seen some fabulous examples of its use.

Question: I am having trouble locating it up here, where can I get it? Have any of you Canadians bought the same light?

Thanks!

JO

DJ88
02-24-2002, 07:31 PM
Hey Jeff,

Haven't seen them up here. I have looked as well.. The closest I have come is buying a workhorse 3 and getting the 28W 6400K PC's from albrite.

[ 24 February 2002: Message edited by: DJ88 ]</p>

Achilles
02-24-2002, 09:18 PM
I really don't want to have to "put together" these lights. I am sick of putting everything together... hehe.

This is what I am going to do. It says at the Lights of America web site that Costco, Wal-mart and Home Depot all carry the light.

I talked to Wal-mart today and they cannot bring it up from their US stores. So I think I am going to cross the border.

I will keep everyone posted on if there is a way to purchase the lights up here in Canada.

Good job Team Canada!

Reefmaster
02-24-2002, 09:29 PM
we got ours at the local HD. only problem is the mickey mouse ballasts they use only seem to last a couple years then the whole fixture has to be replaced.
shane