PDA

View Full Version : Why are fish so stupid??

Lance
04-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Yesterday I got a Blue-sided Fairy Wrasse from O/A. Had it in QT and was doing really well. Good colour, active, eating well, etc. Went to check on it and couldn't find him anywhere. I know they are jumpers, so I looked everywhere. Couldn't find it. Tore the live rock apart, still no fish. Only place left to look was in the skimmer. Sure enough there it was, dead as a doornail. The skimmer is turned down and there is not much suction, so it must have swam in on its own. Stupid fish!

Myka
04-30-2008, 04:55 AM
They have 101 ways to commit suicide...

untamed
04-30-2008, 05:40 AM
'cause if they were smarter they would be catching us and looking at us through glass walls instead of the other way 'round.

Lance
04-30-2008, 01:39 PM
They have 101 ways to commit suicide...

Ain't that the truth!

GreenSpottedPuffer
05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
'cause if they were smarter they would be catching us and looking at us through glass walls instead of the other way 'round.

Yeah and I bet they would cram in like 6 adult males in a 4'x6' tank and ask us if we like it!

I got a picture in my head of fish having air filled tanks underwater with people walking around in them. LOL. I guess they would need air lines running up to the surface to keep us alive...can you imagine how many people would die! Kind of scary when you look at it the other way around...

Tom R
05-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Brad I think you might have it wrong.

I believe they hang around LFS like the local fishing hole and when one of us goes by they start trolling (yelling "buy me buy me"). They flash their great colour, their strong swimming ability and their cute behavior until we then of course buy it and take him home. We then spend whatever it takes to keep him comfortable. He then spends the rest of his days away from predators looking at us from behind the glass.

Tom R

Lance
05-01-2008, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=GreenSpottedPuffer;321702]Yeah and I bet they would cram in like 6 adult males in a 4'x6' tank and ask us if we like it!

Yeah, but then the tangs would hear it from the people police:mrgreen:

ElGuappo
05-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I got a picture in my head of fish having air filled tanks underwater with people walking around in them. LOL. I guess they would need air lines running up to the surface to keep us alive...can you imagine how many people would die! Kind of scary when you look at it the other way around...

They could just recycle air like in an airplane. or buy o2 tanks instead of co2.

banditpowdercoat
05-02-2008, 08:17 AM
You got a skimmer on your QT? Man, must be nice. I aint even got a QT. Acclimate and dip. Wendell's pretty good though, I have no worries. He wouldnt ship me my gramma until he QT'd

Lance
05-02-2008, 06:30 PM
You got a skimmer on your QT? Man, must be nice. I aint even got a QT. Acclimate and dip. Wendell's pretty good though, I have no worries. He wouldnt ship me my gramma until he QT'd

When I upgraded skimmers I put the old one on the QT. It's not worth anything anyway.