PDA

View Full Version : I want to join a reefers club?

ranz
03-11-2003, 08:02 AM
I live in the Langley area, could anyone tell me of reef club I could get involved with?

Ranzreef :wink:

sumpfinfishe
03-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi Ranz- On the main index page you can scroll half way down until you see Vacouver Reefing Club. Under this subject you will find posts all about where and when the next meeting will be. At the end of this month there are a few carloads going to the island for a tank tour. There is no membership dues, no place to sign up, just a bunch of friendly reefers trying to learn more and have fun. Just watch the post in that area of the forum for updates. :D

There's also the Puegot Sound Aquarim Society, they have great meetings too! , they do have a membership fee which is nominal. If your interested you could contact Paul.M >> paul.merkling@airborne.com or try Chuck.F >> fiterman@fitermania.com for more information.

Happy Reefing :wink: , Cheers Rich

BCOrchidGuy
03-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Ranz I went to the last meeting that was held out in Delta, it was excellent, well done all around. There were TONS of people, some from the Island, some from Calgary etc. All total I would say about 50 people.

There was a guest speaker, Tim from SeaCare who told us everything about clams, Wendell did a demo on fragging corals, there was a door prize(s) draw, and lots of snacks and coffee.

Best club meeting I have been too, heck Wendell even had the environmental controls set so the Calgary people would feel at home.

Nullig
03-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Artificial chinooks?

Noel

EmilyB
03-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Best club meeting I have been too, heck Wendell even had the environmental controls set so the Calgary people would feel at home.

:lol: Wimps....

BCOrchidGuy
03-11-2003, 09:39 PM
:P