PDA

View Full Version : Blasto lighting

outtafocus
04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
I recently picked up a nice little rock with some bright green and red blastos on it.

I know that blastos dont really like direct MH light so I have them placed off to one side slightly hiding under a rocky over hang. They arent fully shaded nor are they getting full light.
They havent really opened up very well in this tank. I have experimented with placing a dark piece of plastic to block a large amount of light and letting them get full light from this area.

My question is, how do I know if its too much light they are getting or too little?

They are also not in any direct flow because I have read they dont like too much flow.

reptile guy
04-28-2008, 02:49 AM
All mine are under direct metal halide lighting in the middle of the tank and there doing awesome. I think they tolerate much more light than people think so maybe try it in a few other spots with not too much flow and see if it's just the spot it's not happy with.

fkshiu
04-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Treat them like any other LPS - low/medium flow and medium light. But they can and will adapt to higher light if you ease them into it.

Myka
04-28-2008, 04:53 AM
It took mine a good week to look good, and they are looking better and better every day. I think they've been in there for about 5-6 weeks now...

outtafocus
04-29-2008, 01:54 AM
they arent looking so hot right now, barely opening and showing too much skeleton.

I hope its just a matter of time before they adapt, but I also hope its not too late.

Thank you.

untamed
04-29-2008, 05:23 AM
I've always had mine directly under the MH.

Don't forget that they eat also! If yours aren't looking so good maybe a few mysis might cheer them up!

Myka
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Mine won't accept food (mysis, brine). It just doesn't take it. They react as soon as they get touched, by they don't eat the food.