PDA

View Full Version : Will Anemone's Eat Clownfish?

KennyKen
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a monster bubbletip and its been shrunken since earlier this morning, and coincidently enough, my perc is misssing too.

Could he possibly eaten his fishy companion>

Zoaelite
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Most likley not Kenny, A healthy clown fish is to fast and agile to be eaten by an anem EXPECIALLY if its hosted in it. Btw hows that nano treating you and when are you going to post pics ;)?
Levi

justinl
04-27-2008, 11:12 PM
clownfish are immune to cnidocyte stings. so healthy clowns should not be eaten. however, a sick/dead/dying fish of anyu kind is just another meal.

KennyKen
04-28-2008, 01:36 AM
Well he must have been sick or something, cause the anemone just burped up a big chunk of something, and i havent fed it today.
Not to mention the clown never hides.

I feel ripped off, i took the anemone out for a nice seafood dinner, and she never called me back.

(pictures soon as i find my camera)

untamed
04-28-2008, 05:16 AM
My Maroon frequently dives INTO the gut of my carpet anemone...turns around inside, then pokes her head out just enough to breathe.

KennyKen
04-28-2008, 07:50 AM
I wish mine was doing that. If he is, he can hold his breath for a long time....like 24 hours.

:cry:

bv_reefer
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
My Maroon frequently dives INTO the gut of my carpet anemone...turns around inside, then pokes her head out just enough to breathe. wow never heard of that before! mine dives deep and snug inside the bta, but never seen him actually go inside