PDA

View Full Version : GSP killing Xenia?

jasond
04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Recently my GSP has been creeping up on my xenia, and in a couple spots right on the xenia. I got home from work last night, and my xenia is not happy. It is all scrunched up (technical, I know), and not pulsing. It doesnt look fat and plump, and is not extended like normal.

Could this be the GSP or is it something else? Params seem to be in check and everything else is doing fine.

Thanks!

Jason

bv_reefer
04-26-2008, 11:53 PM
xenia don't really seem to mind being crowded from what i see, i must have over 5 corals right beside my xenia colonys and always fully expanded. at one point however i came home and it was all shriveled and looked like it was ready to die any minute, next day it was doing great again, from what I've heard shifts in pH and alkalinity it is sensitive to, any dosing lately?

marie
04-27-2008, 12:14 AM
GSP will overrun and kill just about anything, it is certainly possible that it is killing your xenia.

I've also noticed when some of my xenia is unhappy (ie:I'm yanking some out or some has got caught in the powerhead) the rest will shrink down in commiseration for awhile

jasond
04-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Interesting, thanks guys. I hadnt dosed anything, just home from work and it was all shrivelled. I scraped the GSP off. but will need to do a better job. My GSP grows like a weed, its crazy. I will report back and see if there are any changes.