PDA

View Full Version : ASM G1X - Sump depth?

Brent F
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I bought a G1X and it didn't come with instructions. I am putting baffles in my sump and want to make them the correct height for the skimmer.

What depth of water is the G1X designed for? Is it 8 - 10 inches?

Are the ASM manuals available anywhere online?

Delphinus
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't recall my ASM ever coming with instructions, there might not be any to find out there.

As long as the effluent is higher than the waterline it should be OK. You can always make a little platform for the skimmer if the water is too high.

You should consider trying to find a gate valve as I find the gate valve mod for these kinds of skimmer is highly worthwhile - much easier/more stability than just adjusting the height of the standpipe.

Brent F
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks Tony, I have seen them setup with drastically different water levels. Golds has them almost fully submerged in the store and most online photos show them half submerged. I’ll do the gate valve mod as you suggested.

I picked up a 90 gal in addition to the 67 gal and skimmer so will use one as a sump for the other for my nano frag tank ;)

Since I am converting a tank into a sump I have the ability to set whatever water depth I want.

lastlight
04-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Doing mods already?!

The depth I had it at should be evident by the faint deposits on the outside Brent and that worked really well for me. I was condering doing the meshwheel mod as well...you totally should.

Make sure to post some pics when she's runnin'...

Brent F
04-22-2008, 02:12 AM
I picked up this 90 to go over top the tank I got from you. The 67 will become my refugium and sump
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/Brent_F/IMG_1184.jpg

I found a ASM owners group which has a lot of detail on the mods