PDA

View Full Version : People with Profilux please respond

24storm
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I am thinking about getting a Profilux and wanted some feedback from those who have one.

Would you recommend it?

Any regrets about it?

What model did you get?

Any thing it cant do that you wish it could?

Thanks Keith

Parker
04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Tagging along.. I have been considering the Profilux or the RKE ( When it comes out )

Tom R
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
I have a ProfiLux Plus II controller. I got it in late January. I would certainly recommend it. I believe it to be the most advanced controller on the market. I have no regrets other than I wish I had bought it sooner. I got the basic model and added a second PH module, a high output power bar and a second digital power bar. I was not interested in controlling water top off, ORP or salinity. I have a total of 10 power bar sockets and have used six. I must decide what I want to do with the other 4 sockets. This is a very difficult decision as there are so many thing to choose from there is nothing this product can not do and if there is something I am sure GHL is working on it. The most amazing thing is that since I got my unit over the last 3 months the number of product enhancements has been non stop. No other product that I know of is that responsive to their market.

Their is a lot more information on this product on RC under supplier info GHL.

Tom R

I am thinking about getting a Profilux and wanted some feedback from those who have one.

Would you recommend it?

Any regrets about it?

What model did you get?

Any thing it cant do that you wish it could?

Thanks Keith

michika
04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Tagging along, I'm also in the stages of deciding on a profilux package or the RKE.

Tom R
04-21-2008, 10:29 PM
For those who are interested here is The most up to date ProfiLux info, the current ProfiLux manual and very good pricing on Starter sets.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=527

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1359173

http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquaristik/Download/Manual_ProfiLuxII_V400.pdf

Tom R

niloc16
04-22-2008, 01:12 AM
i love the profilux. i have the full kit. i run 3 digital powerbars and one analog one. everything on the tank is powered, monitored or controlled by the profilux. it rocks. once its setup, you forget about it. i have the external display as well so i just glance at that everytime i walk down the hall and have a quick reference as to what the tank is doing

24storm
04-22-2008, 01:43 AM
i love the profilux. i have the full kit. i run 3 digital powerbars and one analog one. everything on the tank is powered, monitored or controlled by the profilux. it rocks. once its setup, you forget about it. i have the external display as well so i just glance at that everytime i walk down the hall and have a quick reference as to what the tank is doing

Hey Colin

What power bars are you using for your 400 watts. I read somewhere about there being issues with 400 watts and the digital power bars i think.

24storm
04-23-2008, 05:15 AM
Anyone else have anything to say about them?

Keith

niloc16
04-23-2008, 06:23 AM
i'm using the digital bars but there is certain outlets that are in rush current limited and those are the ones to use

bullit67
04-23-2008, 06:36 AM
I would not trade my profilux for any other controler on the market today never had any problems with mine other then growing pains as Colin can atest too as well we got a couple of the first units into Canada if not north amarica so the translation of the manual was a little hard to understand but I do beleave that has been solved as the updated manual avalible on line is much better. It is a set and forget system with all the info right on the main display just a quick glance tells you every thing you need to know

hope this helps
Doug

Parker
04-23-2008, 02:39 PM
i'm using the digital bars but there is certain outlets that are in rush current limited and those are the ones to use

From what I have read, they have changed the Digital Power Bars to solve this problem. They can now handle the striking load of ballasts. You are still limited to 15 amps total on the power bar though.

Patrick1
04-23-2008, 05:37 PM
I have had mine for well over a year now. It did not start out well. There was an issue with my clock. It took some time to get it sorted out as there was a limited amout of people stocking the unit at the time. I still love it. I would recomend not just getting the basic unit get a little more then you think you need, because you will want to keep adding on.

There were things that I wanted it to do but, I could not get the parts in Canada yet. When I started using mine. Now if you want something you can get it from a bunch of stores. I would have to say the product keeps getting better and if I was just starting now with the system I wouls bet things would have run perfectly from the get go now.

Tom R
04-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I would suggest that you consider the high amp power bars for your MH and Chillers. The High Amp power bars have 2 outlets that also allow you to run them on separate circuits as they plug independently to your power source.

Hey Colin

What power bars are you using for your 400 watts. I read somewhere about there being issues with 400 watts and the digital power bars i think.

niloc16
04-23-2008, 07:40 PM
i only run one halide on one powerbar so they are not all drawing from the same circuit

Reefer Rob
04-23-2008, 08:51 PM
It was the relays that were the problem on the power bars. All bars manufactured after I think it was June 2007 have the updated relays, and they were using them in the digital power bars before that. I've had both my regular and digital bars replaced with the ones with the new relays, and I haven't had a problem since. The outlet on my regular power bar that my heaters were plugged into stuck on, and on the digital power bar, any outlet I plugged my 2 54W T5s into would stick on :neutral:

Now that the power bar thing is sorted out my Profilux is great, and I'd definitely recommend it. It controls my whole tank including dosing.

lastlight
04-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Where can you buy all the expansion cards etc?

I was on the aquadigital site but only see the packages?

I want to control my lights, CO2 reactor, my temp and 2 tunze 6101's as well as monitor the ph of the atual tank. I'm pretty sure the most basic kit does this but I'd need a ph expansion card and a tunze cable or two i think. It says under the features that it controls tunze but i don't think it will as is...sorta misleading.

Parker
04-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Here is the page listing the retailers:

http://www.aqua-digital.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=15&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=30

Progressive Growth has all the accesories listed:

http://www.progressive-growth.com/aquatic.php

Where can you buy all the expansion cards etc?

I was on the aquadigital site but only see the packages?

I want to control my lights, CO2 reactor, my temp and 2 tunze 6101's as well as monitor the ph of the atual tank. I'm pretty sure the most basic kit does this but I'd need a ph expansion card and a tunze cable or two i think. It says under the features that it controls tunze but i don't think it will as is...sorta misleading.

lastlight
04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Great thaks for that link!

Can anyone confirm that to run 2 ph probes, control heat, lights and 2 tunze 6101's that all i need is the basic unit, extra ph card and tunze cable?

Thanks,

Brett

Aqua-Digital
04-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Hiya

Yes all you will need is a pH card and aextra pH probe and Tunze cable, if using more than one Tunze you will also require the YL2-1 splitter.

To answer your earlier question about why accessories are not on our website anymore. As we are the Master distributors and do not sell direct only through our retail network, we removed the accessories as it was causing too much confusion, we have left the packages up because our site is heavily Googled it provides a good starting point for people to learn about ProfiLux and contact us with any advise they may need before passing them to a dealer thats is closest for them

If you or anyone else needs any ProfiLux advise please let us know.

Your best outlet for ProfiLux in Canada is http://www.progressive-growth.com/aquatic.php they are also site sponsors

Best wishes
Michael

lastlight
04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks Michael.

For wireless controllability all I need is the wireless card?

Will it interface with my macbook pro under OSX?

Aqua-Digital
04-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes all you need is the Wireless card.

All the interfacing is done through your router so I see now issues.

michika
04-24-2008, 09:54 PM
What is the life on the probes, provided they get the maintenance they need?

Aqua-Digital
04-24-2008, 09:57 PM
million dollar question that one

the industry standard recommend that a pH probe is replaced between 1 year and 18 months, HOWEVER I have not yet had a single user both in the UK or in North America yet come to me for a replacement GHL probe in nearly 2 years

niloc16
04-24-2008, 10:13 PM
i'll sell you my wireless card for it. i cant get it to work with my router. i dont know computers well enough

Aqua-Digital
04-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Before you go selling it talk to Matthias directly, he even got me up and running :mrgreen:

niloc16
04-24-2008, 10:52 PM
im not going to vent on here because i have before but i was communicating alot in the original profilux thread with no luck. i keep getting told to follow the manual (as if i wasnt before) and still had no luck. i know some people have got it going but from what i've seen they are IT guys, not the regular joe.

Patrick1
04-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Progressive Growth was awsome to deal with. Even if they don't have the part you want listed just call or email them most likley they have it in stock.

Aqua-Digital
04-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Nic

email me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! You are missing out on some great support. I hold my hand up we will get you up and running.

I think it is time I got the canreef support forum back up to speed now we have taken over.

Yes Progressive growth are really great they have risen to the challenge and are such a great bunch of guys, we give them all the time in the world becuase they do the same to their clients.

Reefer Rob
04-24-2008, 11:53 PM
No one in the Lower Mainland is carrying Profilux and it's accessories any more?

Colin, have you done a firmware update to the latest release? I think setup has gotten a lot easier than it used to be.

Aqua-Digital
04-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Please can you advise what you mean by lower main land? What geographical area exactly

Aqua-Digital
04-24-2008, 11:57 PM
We have just started a dedicated GHL ProfiLux support thread here

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=320238#post320238

We hope you find it of benefit

Reefer Rob
04-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Please can you advise what you mean by lower main land? What geographical area exactly

Greater Vancouver area.

Aqua-Digital
04-25-2008, 01:01 AM
And how did I know that would come up. :wink:

We have no plans to implement any new dealers in BC, we are very happy with the retailer we have put in place in BC who goes out their way for all our great clients.

Progressive growth offer one of the best services we have seen so far.