PDA

View Full Version : bristle worms

tgoeujon
04-17-2008, 11:44 PM
does anyone know of a small fish that can live with seahorses and will get rid of bristleworms. i seem to have had an explosion in my 12 gallon

Zoaelite
04-18-2008, 12:30 AM
You dont have to many smaller fish interested in bristle worms. Question though, why are you interested in getting rid of those wonderful detrivores?
Levi

tgoeujon
04-18-2008, 05:46 AM
they are everywhere, dont need to get rid of all of them but cutting down the population would be nice

landshark
04-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Bristleworms will consume leftover particles of food in your tank. If you have an explosion, you have alot of available food for them to eat. Try cutting back how much you feed. The worms will slowly die off because their food supply will be limited. Just my opinion.

Starry
04-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Coral Banded Shrimp are reputed to eat bristle worms. Dono how they would do with yer ponys though

hecks220
04-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Arrow crabs are a natural predator, as well as a few other fish

fkshiu
04-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Bristleworms will consume leftover particles of food in your tank. If you have an explosion, you have alot of available food for them to eat. Try cutting back how much you feed. The worms will slowly die off because their food supply will be limited. Just my opinion.

bingo!

untamed
04-18-2008, 10:25 PM

Yes again. You could also increase the amount of cleaning you are doing to reduce their food.

Flash
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
I had a friend that had WAY too many in his tank and he just used tweezers to pluck a few from the tank.... but yes I suspect cut back on amount your feeding!