PDA

View Full Version : New Fiji Pink T5 bulbs

andresont
04-17-2008, 10:00 PM
here is a pic of the new T5 Fiji pink bulbs.
I had "ProColor" pinks before but Fiji IMO are better bulbs.
2nd and 4th from left on the pic Fiji pink
1st and 5th are white 12K
3rd and 6th are Blue 22K (60% actinic 40% blue).
This gives me most pleasant color

mseepman
04-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Looks good. I have been happy with my fiji purple as well and I combine it with a 10k Ushio MH as well as some other t5HO's

Chowder
04-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Where's the picture with it over your tank?

digital-audiophile
04-18-2008, 01:32 AM
You should get your hands on the KZ New Generation coral bulb to replace your whites. I just got mine on the weekend and they are awesome with the KZ FP.

How do you like the Tek legs BTW I am considering getting a pair so I don't have to deal with the weird angle the TEKs hang at.

corpusse
04-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Where is the best place to order the new KZ bulbs?

mseepman
04-18-2008, 02:39 AM
You should get your hands on the KZ New Generation coral bulb to replace your whites. I just got mine on the weekend and they are awesome with the KZ FP.

How do you like the Tek legs BTW I am considering getting a pair so I don't have to deal with the weird angle the TEKs hang at.

Where did you get the new generation KZ coral bulb?

digital-audiophile
04-18-2008, 02:55 AM

Golds locally has them. I understand that J&L was bringing them in too, I don't think they have them on their website but if you call I'm sure they can help you out. :)

andresont
04-18-2008, 07:26 AM

Legs are ok.
the only draw back is the price and the fact that they slide down overtime, so i had to insert some wooden plates to keep it straight. other then that its good. and the only option anyway unless you are ok with hanging kit.

andresont
04-18-2008, 07:28 AM

Got mine from J&L but they only had pinks. as soon as they get whites i will get them too
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=lb-t5kzfp3

andresont
04-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Where's the picture with it over your tank?

I am too embarrassed to show my dead SPS after " a little bit More flow" Zeo accident

corpusse
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Got mine from J&L but they only had pinks. as soon as they get whites i will get them too
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=lb-t5kzfp3

J&L only has purple at least online. No pinks..

corpusse
04-20-2008, 04:43 AM
bump, still looking for the pinks

digital-audiophile
04-20-2008, 01:48 PM
There is no "pink".. just KZ Fiji Purple.

corpusse
04-20-2008, 02:36 PM
what are the new bulbs then just the 14k ones?

the purple ones have been around for some time..

digital-audiophile
04-20-2008, 04:13 PM
You are correct, the New Generation are 14K, they were made to compliment the KZ 10K coral bulb.

kwirky
04-21-2008, 04:23 PM

do you mean the weird angle caused by the cord hanging off? I've always fixed that on hanging lights by taping the cord to something in opposing force. it usually straightens it out.

and yeah I second new generation bulbs mixed with fiji purple looking pretty sharp. the pictures on the web don't get the colour right but in person it's pretty good.

digital-audiophile
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
That's exactly it Sean. I've noticed in the store as well the same problem. The lights tilt forward when hanging. I just need to use your trick and tape them to the stand to level it out.

Delphinus
04-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I wanted to get some New Generation this weekend but the store was out of 24". :( Oh well.

What's weird is I went in to buy some Fiji Purple for my 20g, and somehow managed to walk out having bought 4 new lamps and not one of them is the Fiji Purple. First tried 2 blues, one Duo and an Aquablue, but "two blues was too blue." So I went back and exchanged one blue for another Duo. I only then realized that I had failed to actually buy a Fiji Purple... (really did take me two days to notice :eek: I am on fire!)

I'll be back to the store later today.... :redface:

Jason McK
04-21-2008, 09:48 PM
I just got a set of Fuji Pink and 22K KZ. I only put in 1 set (of 4 total) very cool colour combination. Not sure if I should 100% replace my True Actinics with this combo but the effect is very nice

J