PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Sheets or glass in Vancouver

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I am looking at building a new tank of either glass or acrylic. Seems like glass may be easier but Im not too sure yet.

I asked this question here quite a long time ago but can't find the thread. I am looking for sheets of 3/8" cell cast acrylic in the Lower Mainland. I know Alcrylco sells them at a great price but they will not sell to me. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I think there was a place in Richmond but I forget the name.

What about glass? Where is a good place to inquire?

I was talking to someone about getting an acrylic tank built locally but never heard back, so I think I will do it myself since I will finally have time in a week or so.

Any suggestions?

dsaundry
04-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Place in Abbotsford... think it is called Lexan
Hi - our store is at 2337 Townline in Abbotsford - our hours are 9-4 Sat and 8:30-5:00pm.

Nevin
04-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Looks like the place in Abbotsford is www.plasticworks.ca -- I mentioned it in the DIY forum the other day because they were offering free cutting as a grand opening special. I think that offer is over, but maybe you can convince them to give you a break...

I don't know anything about their products or reputation.

Regards,
Nevin

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys. I will call both those places.

Anyone know a glass shop with good prices? I am still looking into trying a glass tank. My stepfather has built hundreds of glass tanks in the past, so he can help me with that if I need it. He has no clue about acrylic though.

Canadian
04-17-2008, 03:00 AM
GE Polymershapes in Coquitlam has the cheapest prices on sheets of acrylic (at least in my experience), but you have to buy sheets and they won't cut anything (and they don't really seem to enjoy dealing with the general public if you're not buying a decent quantity).