PDA

View Full Version : Calgary wicked frags group order

hurley
04-16-2008, 12:26 AM
just seeing if anyone is interested in a wickedfrags order, if your interested post here

Update:

Order deadline is this Friday at midnight
Order will be shipped out shortly after

EDIT: i am hoping the order arrives Tuesday morning at my work located near chinook mall, pickup will be available there until 4:00pm and anything after will be available for pickup at a house, addresses and phone numbers will be sent to the people in the order via private message after you have submited payment for your order. Also shipping time varies on how fast everyone gets their payments into wickedfrags, so the sooner you can pay the better, and the sooner we can get our order shipped.

So far people who have confirmed are:

Hurley
Underwater
cyclo
treebeard
exentity
Delphinus
robw
saltyrockbox
xtreme
doo

wickedfrags
04-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Well it appears my shamless self-promotion did not offend!!! If you end up coordinating a group order I will not disappoint. Dave

just seeing if anyone is interested in a wickedfrags order, if your interested post here

exentity
04-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I would like to get a few things from Wickedfrags! Let me know what to do to get in on this please!

sharuq1
04-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Is the shipping free?

Zoaelite
04-16-2008, 02:14 AM
If shipping isn't too bad between everyone I would be in for a $100 or so.
Levi

Cyclo
04-16-2008, 03:49 AM
I could be down with this as well pending more details.

Delphinus
04-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Tentatively interested in a piece or two as well over here..

KennyKen
04-16-2008, 05:20 AM
you bet.
lets make this happen!!!!!

I dont have a credit card, so i can really organize this

hurley
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
shipping is $60 if our order is over $250 shipping is $30 and if the order hits $375 shipping is free

so i guess lets see how much everyone is going to order

Treebeard
04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I could be talked into placing an order for a few things.

Doo
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
When are we thinking of ordering?

How about we each toss out a dollar figure that we will be ordering with. This way we know how much the order will come to and it will be easy to figure out shipping :)

Anyone know what kind of dollar figure are we at now?

I am interested in a few things ($40.00 worth)...

xtreme
04-16-2008, 04:06 PM
I'd be in for a couple things. Probably around $50.

Underwater
04-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Ok-I'll throw my hat in and make sure we are in the "free shipping" category-
I'm in for $200. Just let me know when we are doing this.
thanks-
Michelle

hurley
04-16-2008, 05:00 PM
okay well people who are 100% in post what you want so i can get a total, i have no problem organizing this, but i live deep se for pickup

edit: looks like we can already pass free shipping

maybe next week if everyone gets their orders in

hurley
04-16-2008, 05:29 PM
thinking about setting the deadline for getting orders in by sunday, and getting the order in tuesday evening.

Treebeard
04-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Sounds good here.

thinking about setting the deadline for getting orders in by sunday, and getting the order in tuesday evening.

Zoaelite
04-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm Down for this, do you want a PM from us Hurley or to post it on here?
Levi

hurley
04-16-2008, 06:51 PM
okay heres the scoop,
Just left a message with wicked frags, it will probably be easiest to just send and pay for your orders though them, and let him know its for the Hurley calgary group order.
Deadline is deffinatly Sunday evening

Cyclo
04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm more concerned with how we handle the order and who would be receiving the order etc.

hurley
04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
what do you mean by handling the order?
i will be picking up at the airport and have an address and time to pickup your order,
as well once you have placed an order and payed you can pm me letting me know so i have a list of who is in on the order so i can send the nessasary info to everyone ordering.
for that i just want a simple pm with the following:

your user name
real name
contact number
confirmation that you ordered and payed wicked frags

hurley
04-16-2008, 07:41 PM
also if you are interested get your order in the sooner the better, maybe we will bump the order to get here sooner if everyone is in and happy.

Doo
04-16-2008, 07:45 PM
If the order is to be in by Sunday - when is shipping planned for?

Mid week or towards the weekend?

Thank you!

hurley
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
hopfully they can ship for tuesday

Cyclo
04-16-2008, 09:30 PM
what do you mean by handling the order?
i will be picking up at the airport and have an address and time to pickup your order,
as well once you have placed an order and payed you can pm me letting me know so i have a list of who is in on the order so i can send the nessasary info to everyone ordering.
for that i just want a simple pm with the following:

your user name
real name
contact number
confirmation that you ordered and payed wicked frags

Cool thats pretty much the info I wanted to know... sometimes group buys can turn into a gong show which is why I was curious. :)

wickedfrags
04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey Calgary. Lots of emails and PM's going around which are very tough for me to keep track of!

Sure a nice problem to have, but to confirm/ensure the availability of all pieces for group order members, and to ensure free shipping, I need a single list from the group order champion (hurley). What would be best is if that list is emailed to me by whatever cut-off date you select for shipping out the next week (ideally). I will then confirm the availabilty of all pieces and total prices for all members and then individual payments can be coordinated.

Also - the shipment will be via courier, next day express delivery right to your door (well a door, not necessarily your door.....) 10:30am if available.

Thanks,
Dave@wicked

oh ya - good luck tonight in San Jose

hurley
04-17-2008, 01:20 PM
okay with that being said pm me with your order as well with your information, then i can put together the whole list and send it to wickedfrags, i might send it early to give him time to check his stock and let everyone pay

hurley
04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
we have cleared free shipping, if you are even thinking about getting in on this order let me know, if not i might just go ahead and get this rolling

Treebeard
04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
It's in your inbox.
Thanks for organizing this!

okay with that being said pm me with your order as well with your information, then i can put together the whole list and send it to wickedfrags, i might send it early to give him time to check his stock and let everyone pay

hurley
04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
got it thanks, those red zoo's for $1 a peice might be gone as everyone so far has ordered them 10+

Treebeard
04-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I copied the order to Dave so I guess he will let me know. Got my fingers crossed though!

hurley
04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
dave at wicked frags your inbox is full i cannot send the order list to you

exentity
04-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh no, I was at school this morning, I hope you guys haven't done the order yet.
Hurley, I have pm'd you with a new list of pieces.
Yes Dave, your box is full, I couldn't message you either.

hurley
04-17-2008, 08:09 PM
got it
please message me with your orders and information, i will be passing it on to dave so he can confirm orders

also see first post for update
sorry for changing the dates so much, but the days of availablity to ship need to stay open so the sooner the deadline the easier it will be to plan a day to ship.

wickedfrags
04-17-2008, 10:42 PM
please email the list to dave@wickedfrags.com I have a much easier time keeping track of orders in my mailbox (and it almost never fills up).

ALSO - if you are looking for something specific not on the site let me know.

dave at wicked frags your inbox is full i cannot send the order list to you

hurley
04-18-2008, 12:06 AM
okay well i will email you the list saturday morning

also check the first post, if you do not see your name on the list i do not have your order and you will not be included, so please message me.

also see first post for pickup information

wickedfrags
04-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Things are coming together here which is great. Order should be a go.

Looking for a coral let me know as I will be doing some fragging and buying in the next couple days.

Rose Bubble Tip Anemone (RBTA) - super nice, 3"-3.5" size $70 One has green on the inside as well which is nice.

Treebeard
04-18-2008, 02:12 PM
OK, I may not be finished shopping yet!

Things are coming together here which is great. Order should be a go.

Looking for a coral let me know as I will be doing some fragging and buying in the next couple days.

Rose Bubble Tip Anemone (RBTA) - super nice, 3"-3.5" size $70 One has green on the inside as well which is nice.

hurley
04-18-2008, 04:15 PM
heres another update, cut off is still tonight at midnight, however once i get confimation on all the orders myself or dave will message you all with totals, do not reply to me but reply to dan at wicked frags to make your payment, once he tells me everyone has paid we will get the order shipped, so the faster you pay the sooner he can get the order together.

hurley
04-18-2008, 11:18 PM
xtreme and doo your orders have been added

delphinus and treebeard i have updated you orders as well

any changes ect. to your orders need to be done tonight

thanks

jared

wickedfrags
04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
List has been received. I will be reviewing the order and fraging an pieces I do not have ready today and tomorrow. Your order will also be updated with a confirmed price hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow. Once complete we can coordinate payment.

Thanks,
Dave@wicked

wickedfrags
04-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Ok Calgary, I have fragged and mounted all the pieces requested on the list! They will recover for more than a week before shipping, each and every piece.

I just emailed Jared the confirmed totals for everyone. Only 4 pieces were sold out. Should you have a piece that is marked as sold and would like to replace it with something else we can do that.

Jared will contact you about your order. Regarding payment details lets try and get all payments in no later than Thursday April 24. Preferred payment method is Interac email money transfer (real easy if you pay your bills online with the big 5). However, paypal is also accepted. Either form of payment can be sent to sales@wickedfrags.com

Thanks to everyone who participated - you will be pleased with your orders!!!

Cheers,
Dave@wicked

Doo
04-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi Dave

For EMT - what is the name on the account that the money will be going in - my bank wants a first & last name???

or is the account "Wicked Frags" ??

Thank you!

Doo
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
bump!

wickedfrags
04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Account you can just make Dave Jelley, the most important piece of info is the email address, noted above.

Hi Dave

For EMT - what is the name on the account that the money will be going in - my bank wants a first & last name???

or is the account "Wicked Frags" ??

Thank you!

Cyclo
04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Payment has been sent from me :).

Doo
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Payment sent for me as well :)

Robw
04-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Payment sent for Me!

Delphinus
04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
ditto

exentity
04-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Payment sent!

hurley
04-22-2008, 08:55 PM
same here looks like everyone is on the ball :biggrin:

as well, once dave confims everyone has made payment i will message you all with info on how and when the order will be able to be picked up. As well i will send out my cell number incase something comes up and you cannot make it.

wickedfrags
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Only expecting 2 more payments, all others received.

All your frags were made Saturday. I will try and grab a pic of the goodies for you!

Dave @ wicked

xtreme
04-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Mine's been sent.

Underwater
04-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Should be the last payment....

wickedfrags
04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
All paid up! Thank's everyone.

Dave @ wicked

hurley
04-23-2008, 01:27 AM
awesome!
okay guys i sent out a private message to you all regarding your pickups, please if you did not get this let me know.

any issues you have let me know

Delphinus
04-23-2008, 04:04 AM
Thanks for organizing this hurley :)

Doo
04-23-2008, 04:06 AM
Great job in making this happen:mrgreen:

hurley
04-24-2008, 02:42 AM
no problem, just the sooner you can get your order on Wednesday the safer your corals will be, if you decide to pickup later or not at all i can not be responsible for the loss of your corals. if you cannot make it wednesday let me know asap and we can arrange a way to store your frags until you can get them. id just like to insure everyone comes out of this happy and satisfied!!!
:biggrin:

wickedfrags
04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Just a reminder that this order ships today and will be arriving tomorrow. Thanks.

hurley
04-29-2008, 06:15 PM
and i have not herd back from everyone on when you will be picking up your orders

Delphinus
04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Does anyone want a pink passion milli? Look at the SPS page ( http://wickedfrags.com/sps.html ) it is the one on the far right on the top row.

Since my SPS tank has taken a nosedive in the time it's taken this group order to come to fruition, I am offering this piece up since it's coming in on this order for me and .. well, it's only going to die if I put it in my tank.

I paid $40 for the piece but since I'm desperate for it not to go into my tank and just be a $40 loss, I'll entertain any reasonable offer. I'll even take an I.O.U. if that helps sweeten the deal.

Treebeard
04-29-2008, 09:01 PM
It would be a shame to have to give it up. Perhaps someone can take care of it for you while your tank gets back on track? I would be willing to foster it for you but I am inexperienced with SPS. The piece I have coming tomorrow will be my first.

Does anyone want a pink passion milli? Look at the SPS page ( http://wickedfrags.com/sps.html ) it is the one on the far right on the top row.

Since my SPS tank has taken a nosedive in the time it's taken this group order to come to fruition, I am offering this piece up since it's coming in on this order for me and .. well, it's only going to die if I put it in my tank.

I paid $40 for the piece but since I'm desperate for it not to go into my tank and just be a $40 loss, I'll entertain any reasonable offer. I'll even take an I.O.U. if that helps sweeten the deal.

wickedfrags
04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your SPS Tony. For those who may want it, it is a nice size with multiple branches. Check it out when you piuck-up your stuff. The colour is nice and I was keeping it under T5's.

Also - the order has shipped! I will send Jared the tracking No. 2 boxes!

Thanks/

Dave @ wicked

digital-audiophile
04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I could hold it in my tank for you if you want Tony?

wickedfrags
04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Both packages are now in Calgary :)

hurley
04-30-2008, 04:32 PM
got the order, havent even opened them yet, they are all packed in small bags so i need a bit to sort them out, if you got reef glue or epoxy let me know about it when you pickup.
please give me until noon to get it all sorted out, if thats a problem let me know, as well make sure you are here by 4:00

and again any problems give me a call if i do not answer leave a message as i am at work :biggrin:

wickedfrags
04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Glad to see this arrived right on time. That big box was a little heavy wouldn't you say!

Also, just a note that each bag has a Canreef username on it is also numbered 1 of 4, 2 of 4 ect.

hurley
04-30-2008, 05:23 PM
yeah i got it sorted out now so feel free to come by and get your orders

hurley
04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
who got reef epoxy?

Treebeard
04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Just got home with my order and everything looks great, except the digitata branch broke off the rock. Do I just crazy glue it back on again?

Thanks for putting this all together Jared!

Cyclo
04-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Got my order in the tank too. 4/5 zoo frags are open, the ric looks happy, and the dendro popped his head out for his first meal in the new tank!

My dendro came off his rock too... I just superglued him back. (and got 1/10th of the tube on my fingers in the process).

Thanks again to everyone.

wickedfrags
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
This was free. Sorry about not getting freebies in this order but the shipment took ap much more space than I expected. Hence the two boxes and almost 45lbs of weight. Generally speaking the frag sizes should be pretty go though.

who got reef epoxy?

I would consider glueing it on another piece of liverock. I often find that glueing a piece of coral back on stunts the branches growth.

Just got home with my order and everything looks great, except the digitata branch broke off the rock. Do I just crazy glue it back on again?

Thanks for putting this all together Jared!

Generally speaking the frags should start to open right away, some can take longer than others. Impressive that the dendro is out already!!! They can be more sensative than other corals.

Got my order in the tank too. 4/5 zoo frags are open, the ric looks happy, and the dendro popped his head out for his first meal in the new tank!

My dendro came off his rock too... I just superglued him back. (and got 1/10th of the tube on my fingers in the process).

Thanks again to everyone.

Also, these were all kept under 8x54W T5's for almost 2 weeks prior to shipping so you can plan your acclimation form there. Actinics for the first day is always a good idea also.

Cheers! And thanks for the order.

Dave @ wicked

hurley
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
yeah you can use super glue, the gel kind works best, only use a tiny bit though

Treebeard
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Good! I have the gel kind. I will glue it to a a chunk of live rock after it's acclimatized.

yeah you can use super glue, the gel kind works best, only use a tiny bit though

wickedfrags
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Please leave some feedback on this group order. Your feedback is very importnat to me and useful for those who have not ordered from the site before. This is the link:

http://http://canada.frags.org/memberprofile.php?id=962 (http://canada.frags.org/memberprofile.php?id=962)

Thanks!

Dave @ wicked

exentity
05-01-2008, 09:22 AM
hmm.. that link for feedback doesn't seem to work for me, does anyone else have this problem?

Pan
05-01-2008, 10:01 AM
http://canada.frags.org/memberprofile.php?id=962
Yeah bum link...one to many http's :)

wickedfrags
05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Fixed that link. Sorry.

hmm.. that link for feedback doesn't seem to work for me, does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

http://canada.frags.org/memberprofile.php?id=962
Yeah bum link...one to many http's :)

Pan
05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Fixed that link. Sorry.

Thanks!

No Worries

wickedfrags
05-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Also - my mailbox is now cleared out for those who tried to contact me.

Dave @ wicked

Delphinus
05-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Uh, tried to leave feedback but the frags.org site went berserk on me with a popup saying invalid username/password. It would just come back with it as soon as I'd dismiss it, so it became a race of clicking the X and closing the tab. Took me about 20 tries before I got it fast enough. :lol:

wickedfrags
05-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Odd. Not sure if you got it in though, did not see an email from the canada.frags.org system from you yet.

Thanks to those who leave feedback. But at the same time, word of mouth is just as important, if not more important.

If anyone is looking for a specific fish also let me know. I have some really neat stuff coming in and I will be pricing it to sell! Will post more details as they become available.

Dave @ wicked

Uh, tried to leave feedback but the frags.org site went berserk on me with a popup saying invalid username/password. It would just come back with it as soon as I'd dismiss it, so it became a race of clicking the X and closing the tab. Took me about 20 tries before I got it fast enough. :lol:

Delphinus
05-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Ohh .. yeah, no. :lol: I figured if the site really wanted me to not post feedback so badly, that I wasn't going to force it to let me to. :lol:

Just so we're clear: I am happy with the order. Thanks for the shwag!

wickedfrags
05-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Anytime. And pleased to hear it Tony.

I am working on getting my hands on a few new goodies. I will post it here first when they become available.

Ohh .. yeah, no. :lol: I figured if the site really wanted me to not post feedback so badly, that I wasn't going to force it to let me to. :lol:

Just so we're clear: I am happy with the order. Thanks for the shwag!

Robw
05-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Kind of a late post but...

Thanks for organizing this hurley.
All my frags were in great condition except the pumping zenia, it died. But it is hard to ship anyway. Dave did give me a credit for it, Thanks Dave!

Also please leave feedback at canada.frags.org for Dave. ( he asked me to ask everyone to do this) :)

Rob

wickedfrags
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Yup - a notoriously tough shipper this zenia. I provided a reminded in the feedback comment to remind me about this in case I forget!

Cheers,
Dave @ wicked

Kind of a late post but...

Thanks for organizing this hurley.
All my frags were in great condition except the pumping zenia, it died. But it is hard to ship anyway. Dave did give me a credit for it, Thanks Dave!

Also please leave feedback at canada.frags.org for Dave. ( he asked me to ask everyone to do this) :)

Rob