PDA

View Full Version : Krylon paint & PVC

rocketlily
04-15-2008, 12:54 AM
The bushings I had to buy to go between the bulkheads and Loc-line are white, while everything else is black. Has anyone used Krylon paint on PVC parts and had them submersed in salt water for some time now.

Is there any other paint you would recommend or do you not advise painting the PVC parts.

Zylumn
04-15-2008, 02:23 AM
I have a manifold around the top of my tank that was white PVC and I painted it Krylon Black and it has been submerged for around 15 months. I put on 3 coats no primer and it is perfect except where coraline has covered it.
Kevin

Stones
04-15-2008, 05:42 AM
I painted my returns with krylon fusion black and have had them in my tank for about 2 years now. I think I did about 3 coats but I should have sanded the pvc first to help the paint stick better because some cracked off on one return after only a few days of water running through it. Now they look kinda blotchy because my turbo snails came and ate some of the paint off too, but they are nearly covered with coralline now so I don't really mind.

Treebeard
04-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I decided to replace the white pvc return in my tank with painted black ones, so it's off to the hardware store today. Just wondering, does this Krylon paint come in a spray can or do I need to brush it on?

rocketlily
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
I've only bought it in a spray can.

Treebeard
04-23-2008, 05:14 PM
I was in the local UFA on the weekend and they have black PVC fittings. Seems to make more sense to use black instead of painting the white ones. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use these?

fkshiu
04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
What's "UFA"?

Jason McK
04-23-2008, 05:27 PM
I've used Krylon paint before as well. Untaimed turned me on to it. Worked Great. 2 coats worked wonders. got it a Canadian Tire.

J

ILIKECOUGARS
04-24-2008, 01:58 AM
What's "UFA"?

United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited