PDA

View Full Version : Need a new fishie for 24 gallon

Puff
04-14-2008, 02:31 AM
with the unfortunate departure of my sixline wrasse, i am now considering what to add as my other fish. right now i have an occellaris, royal gramma, and small twinspot blenny. the goby is so tiny that i dont think he adds much bioload. and while he is hilarious when i am up close to the tank, you dont notice it when viewing from a distance.

that is what i loved about the sixline. constant movement and brilliant colouration!

now im trying to decide what fish to go for next. i COULD go for another sixline. but ive been there and done that, and want something new.

i was thinking of going for a bottom "hangin out-er" goby...but im just not sure.

what other fish could you all recommend to me?

i dont want something overly hard to keep or super expensive. but one that gives a good mix of colouration and activity.

im in the process of setting up a 50 gallon so i can always switch it over if it gets too large for the "nano".

thanks canreef!

globaldesigns
04-14-2008, 02:48 AM
I also love my sixline, I just got a filamented flasher wrasse, very colorful and lots of movement. If you loved your sixline, you will also like this fish, IMO

Myka
04-14-2008, 02:53 AM
What about a Jawfish? They're cool. They can be jumpers as well though.

Puff
04-14-2008, 02:53 AM
that is a good looking fish. i love the colouration. but im not sure if i like the shape :(

it's pretty damn colourful though!

dont jawfish need quite a deep substrate? mine is only a couple of inches or so...

Starry
04-14-2008, 05:20 AM
What about a high fin banded goby?

globaldesigns
04-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Another cool fish is a Longnose Hawkfish. I have one, very cool. But if you have small invertibrates, they will most likely get eaten by him. My shrimp our quick large now, he doesn't bother anything.

Puff
04-14-2008, 06:27 AM
i have ,ots of snails, hermits and a pompom crab. not sure if the hawkfish would work :( it's a shame because they are one of my favourite fish.lol

Puff
04-14-2008, 06:33 AM
What about a high fin banded goby?

that's one ive been thinking about. but arent they jumpers as well?

im still thinking about a clown goby, but arent they kind of boring and just perch places? my blenny already does that.lol

fishoholic
04-15-2008, 04:01 AM
im still thinking about a clown goby, but arent they kind of boring and just perch places? my blenny already does that.lol

Yes. I have a green clown goby and while he's very cute, he is always hiding and perching in my colt or carnation tree coral. Kinda funny to watch at feeding time when he swims out from where he's perching like a bolt of lighting to quickly snap up some mysis, but other then that, he's pretty boring.

Puff
04-15-2008, 05:08 AM
darn..

im thinking of going with either:

-firefish
-another sixline
-geometric pygmy hawk
-something else...lol

id love another blenny. but i wouldnt want to introduce something that would harass my twinspot blenny. he's so tiny he couldnt defend himself :(

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Clown gobies also sometimes nibble on sps polyps.

Puff
04-17-2008, 05:13 AM
im thinking of a pistol shrimp/goby combo. but im concerned about my pompom crab. would the pistol go after it?